Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:24:04 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 compatibility questiion.  (Read 8050 times)

Mach 3 compatibility questiion.
« on: May 20, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »
Our company is currently trying to demo your Mach 3 CNC Controller software and we have a few questions I was hoping somebody could help answer for us.

First off, we are using a Vision 2448 Router and were wondering if the Mach 3 software is compatible with this piece of hardware. We are currently controlling the router with a hardware control panel. If your software is compatible with our machine, are there steps on how to directly hardwire the computer to the router and also configure the software to get it operational with the router?

Also, if compatible, is there a way to control the z axis when x and y axis’s are in motion while running a job?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 compatibility questiion.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 04:26:27 PM »
Did a quick google for that router and it seems unlikely that it will be a plug and play conversion. You may be able to do this with a bit of rewiring but that will depend on the drive types, ie if they accept Step/Dir input or if they are analogue.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 04:27:44 PM »
Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be looking a little deeper into this..
Did a quick google for that router and it seems unlikely that it will be a plug and play conversion. You may be able to do this with a bit of rewiring but that will depend on the drive types, ie if they accept Step/Dir input or if they are analogue.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 04:35:41 PM »
Are the motors servos or steppers?
Any idea what make of drives?

Hood

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
JIM I don't think Mach3 can do the on the fly adjustment of Z (;-(

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 04:36:27 PM »
Hi, Jim

If the Aries are Step & Direction Type the conversion should be fairly easy.

Mach's Plasma users have Auto Z height Control features, There are several way's to do it.

Gather up more info on your system will help, Others will post I'm sure.

Chip
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 04:52:44 PM »
Probably a good question. I think I need to do more research on this. I work in tech support for a fairly large company that specializes in personalized gifts. To be honest, I've never even used this type of machine before. Management wants to try this program out, and I'm starting from scratch. Most these terms are a foreign language for me, but I apreciate the input and will reference this thread as I learn.
Are the motors servos or steppers?
Any idea what make of drives?

Hood
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »
The real reason we want to try this software is to see if it can not only change the x and y axis position when doing a job, but also change the z axis. Not on the fly or manually, but as part of a job.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:59:42 PM by Jim@PC »

vmax549

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 05:17:13 PM »
I would be interested in the Z on the fly adjustments as well.  Any info I can read up on?

THanks (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 05:19:59 PM »
TP there was a longish post here a while back concerning this, not sure if anyone got it to work properly or not, will see if I can dig it up and post a link.
Hood