Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:55:05 PM

Author Topic: NooB: Torch Volt control in Mach  (Read 2289 times)

NooB: Torch Volt control in Mach
« on: May 20, 2009, 10:23:40 AM »
I'm having issues where it seems that torch volts are not being sensed correctly, I think, maybe.
I have a Dynacnc mach and a Cutmaster 52 hand torch retrofited to Dyna's THC system.
The problem I believe, was that Mach could not get or recognize the torch volts. The torch would ignite , start to move, then starts to raise up until it lost the arc. Or if I set the volts below 85 the torch would dive into the material. I took the torch to a local shop and they told me the that one voltage lead was on the "electrode" connection(were it should be), but the other was on the "tip" connection and should have been on the Work#1 connection. The boys in the shop said once the tip transfer ed the arc to the work piece I was not getting the correct voltage readouts. Haven't fired it up since the wiring change
  All that being said, I now notice that there is a spot in the config area of Mach for "Torch volt control". Does this have to be checked in order for THC to function properly or is the THC probably built into Dyna's 6000 contoller.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

Thanks
Mike