Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:03:16 AM

Author Topic: Feedrate Overide Buttons  (Read 3281 times)

Feedrate Overide Buttons
« on: August 13, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
Is there a simple way to get the spindle speed increase/decrease buttons back instead of the slider?

Cheers

Dave

Hood

Re: Feedrate Overide Buttons
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 02:08:09 PM »
You could make the buttons in screen4.
Also you may be able to get it if you download version 1.84, install it, go into the mach folder and rename the 1024.set then reinstall the newer version again. The all you will need to do is load the screen that you renamed and it will stay there even when you do an upgrade to a later revision of Mach.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:13:01 PM »
Oh forgot to say before you install 1.84 you may either have to delete or rename the 1024.set or it might not get overwritten with the older version that you want.

Hood
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 04:01:26 PM »
Hi Hood

I had thought about doing it that way - but I thought it was a bit of a fudge as opposed to a proper fix as I want to keep up with the new versions. I currently use 1.90 I think, but the next release will feature a fix I want to use.

Might have a word with Art and see if he will have a look at supplying two sets of screens as default.

Cheers

Dave

Hood

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 04:06:37 PM »
David I sent you a copy by mail, if its a slightly newer one you want let me know and I may have it. BTW what I said was go back to the older version to get the older screen then rename it (the screen) and upgrade again to the newer versions of Mach. You will then be able to use the newer version with the renamed screen.
 Really though you should look at screen4 and its tutorial as its fairly easy to make the screen to suit yourself, making a complete new screen is time consuming but changing an existing screen is quick.
Hood