Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:59:46 AM

Author Topic: Work Offset Angle and jogging  (Read 3206 times)

Work Offset Angle and jogging
« on: May 17, 2009, 04:11:04 PM »
Once I apply a Work Offset Angle (WOA), I notice that the keyboard jog continues to work on the mechanical axis but that's not desirable, not for me anyways.  When you Jog along X, Y changes too in the DRO.  The way I use it, when I hit the arrow key to jog X I need it to move along the X axis and keep Y DRO constant.  I'm having to go back to MDI screen over and over to enter X moves so it moves along the Work coordinates not the machine. 

This is a problem, it can even crash/break the tool against the work at times.  I can't run simple one-time ops as a keyboard-driven manual mill at all unless I can make it travel in Work axes via the keys.

I just need the Jog keys to move along with the Work Offset's offset angle.

Is there a way to make it do this?  I looked through the manual and couldn't find it.

vmax549

Re: Work Offset Angle and jogging
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 04:17:28 PM »
NOPE, long ago a group got it set that way and it is probably never going to be fixed correctly.

I agree the axis should jog in accordance to the rotated angle. That is the way the big boys do it. Makes no sense NOT TO.

BUT thte official word last time I ask was NOPE.(;-)

(;-) TP

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »
What happens if I hook up a joystick?  Does it table axis-jog or work offset-jog?

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:46:53 PM »
ANY jogging will be inline with the physical axis.

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 11:21:41 AM »
I have the same problem. It looks like this thread was from 7 years ago... Does anyone know if it's now possible to jog along the rotated axis instead of the physical axis?  Thank you.