Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:15:25 AM

Author Topic: Digispeed DC-06  (Read 4527 times)

Digispeed DC-06
« on: May 16, 2009, 08:28:15 AM »
Hi,

I have been using a home brew PWM to 0-10v converter for MACH3 to VFD spindle speed control for about 18mths,
the home brew works OK, the speed hunts a bit so decided to change to a Step - 0-10v Digispeed control.

I swaped over today, but I can only get the OP of the digispeed to vary 0.2 to 2v output.
As I change the speed via Mach, I can see the OP of Digispeed following but no more than 2v so I'm assuming the config is correct in mach. i.e swapped the PWM to step tick boxes and selected pin 14 in ports and pins as spindle.
The board has a solid 5v for the logic and a solid 10v from the VFD to power the analogue side.

I have adjusted the trim pot to max and fiddled with te spindle motor settings in te motor tuning page.
Also disconnected the analogue ip to the drive in case the VFD was dragging the analogue down, no change from the Digispeed though.

Bit stuck >:(  (prob someting stupid I have done (good at that ;D) )

Anyone help please.

ATVB

Derek
You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"
Re: Digispeed DC-06
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 10:26:55 AM »
Hi,

I have been using a home brew PWM to 0-10v converter for MACH3 to VFD spindle speed control for about 18mths,
the home brew works OK, the speed hunts a bit so decided to change to a Step - 0-10v Digispeed control.

I swaped over today, but I can only get the OP of the digispeed to vary 0.2 to 2v output.
As I change the speed via Mach, I can see the OP of Digispeed following but no more than 2v so I'm assuming the config is correct in mach. i.e swapped the PWM to step tick boxes and selected pin 14 in ports and pins as spindle.
The board has a solid 5v for the logic and a solid 10v from the VFD to power the analogue side.

I have adjusted the trim pot to max and fiddled with te spindle motor settings in te motor tuning page.
Also disconnected the analogue ip to the drive in case the VFD was dragging the analogue down, no change from the Digispeed though.

Bit stuck >:(  (prob someting stupid I have done (good at that ;D) )

Anyone help please.

ATVB

Derek

Have you contacted Peter Homann at Homann Designs (DigiSpeed designer)?  He's usually very responsive.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 02:50:12 PM »
Hi rey,

I havn't contacted Peter yet. However I was right about one thing "done something stupid" :-[ :-[ :-[

Well not so much as stupid but I swapped the link selecting rising or falling edge and all works OK. Didn't see anything in the manual about it though.

All working a treat now.

ATB

Deker
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 06:14:17 PM »
Hi rey,

I havn't contacted Peter yet. However I was right about one thing "done something stupid" :-[ :-[ :-[

Well not so much as stupid but I swapped the link selecting rising or falling edge and all works OK. Didn't see anything in the manual about it though.

All working a treat now.

ATB

Deker

Hi Derek,

Glad to see it is working. The manual does talk about JP1 in a couple of sections. Obviously it is not clear enough. I'll look at updating the manual.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »
Hi rey,

All working a treat now.

ATB

Deker

Hi Derek,

Glad to see it is working. The manual does talk about JP1 in a couple of sections. Obviously it is not clear enough. I'll look at updating the manual.

Cheers,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks,
Its working perfectly now. I also Have a DC-06 for a  Denford Orac project I'm working on at the moment.....I'll get that one right this time :)

ATB

Derek