Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:30:33 PM

Author Topic: Galil plugin homing and tuning problem  (Read 5154 times)

Galil plugin homing and tuning problem
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
I have recently converted my controller from a parallel port driver to using the Galil 2108 controller with the 2900 output box. The jog function operates well however I can not get the system to home. I can se that the system detects the home switches in the diag mode but the system does not respond to a home command. The motor tuning dialog box also does not open. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong. btw the system did home when using the printer port.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Galil plugin homing and tuning problem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:34:51 AM »
Are you using the Galil plugin or just trying to home the machine with the Galil commands? 

What motor tuning dialog box are you trying to open?  Are you talking about the Galil software?

Steve
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »
I am using the Galil plug-in and can jog the machine through the Galil controller. The motor tuning box that I am trying to use is the one in Mach3 in the Config menu.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 10:47:04 PM »
In the Galil plgin config, enable the debug file output.  Then restart Mach.  Try homing and exit Mach.  Then send me the GalilDebug.txt in the Plugins directory.

As for the Mach Motor Tuning, I have no idea.  You might pose that question in the General forum.  What Mach version and host OS is it?

smurph@smcomp.com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 06:12:28 AM »
Make sure that the file NTGraph.ocx is in the mach3 directory. I had the same problem on my laptop and the motor tuning graph won't show up and neither would the dspmc tuning graph.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 10:31:13 PM »
thanks it works now