Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:23:00 PM

Author Topic: DMC 1425 minor issue, I hope  (Read 5208 times)

DMC 1425 minor issue, I hope
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:51:56 AM »
 ??? I have hooked up a DMC 1425 with an analog servo amp and tuned the servo with Galil software. BNed to the controller and the jogs and encoder accuracy are fabulous! The problem is when I go to MDI and enter a move. Slow or fast feedrate gives me a back and forth jerking move that gets to the commanded position but jerks. I purposely detuned the PID loop to make sure the instability wasn't in the DMC/amp/motor loop. Lowered accel/vel in Mach and still get the same thing. Jogs are still fair in the detuned state but not great. I have overlooked something but can't figure out what. This setup shows the greatest potential of all the software/hardware combos I have tried and I would really like to iron out the last issues with it. Thanks in advance.

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: DMC 1425 minor issue, I hope
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:20:46 AM »
Doc,
Please provide us with the version # of the plugin, and the current settings that you have setup for it. It would be most helpful if you could send a copy of your .XML file so that I can check it out. We aren't sure about the 1425, but I have one and can set it up to test.
Thanks,
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »
OK, plugin version V4.00.0
Controller 1 on serial1 RS232
vector TC  1
VD  30000000
Buffer  50
DRO starts@1100
X)A and Y)B picked as servo
Code: [Select]

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »
Doc,
For starters, serial is woefully inadequate for this project. Get an ethernet crossover cable and configure the system to use the ethernet communication. When you have done that, if you are still having trouble, please send my a copy of your .XML file from Mach3 so that I can look further into this. There is no way that the serial port will give anywhere near acceptable performance for Mach.
Kenny
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
Will do! I tried to include a copy of the .XML but it got confused, somehow. I didn't use the ethernet comm because I trust serial ports more than I trust network cards. I will hook it up through the ethernet ports and let you know what happens. Thanks again!.

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »
Doc,
If you are having trouble, just send the .xml to my e-mail. The ethernet is way faster than the serial, and we need fast communication to get everyone working together.
Good luck!
Kenny
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 10:32:34 AM »
THAT was a forced march! The Galil registry system would not allow any comm with the controller even though it saw its IP address. I finally set up its IP through the serial port comm and got it registered as a NIC appliance. I just thought the motor response was good under the serial comm. It is fantastic using ethernet comm! The data record options were not available due to a Galil firmware update request but the setup works well as is. Thank you so much for getting me going! Gotta love DC brushed servos!