Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:59:40 PM

Author Topic: Problem configuring NC Pod  (Read 19307 times)

Problem configuring NC Pod
« on: May 08, 2009, 04:29:13 PM »
Hello,

I'm new on this forum.

I read all topic about Nc Pod.

I'm setting up my laptop to drive the milling machine I'm finishing.

I've some problems with Nc Pod configuration.

I don't manage to update fireware :
- I intalled USB drivers provided by OEM
- My laptop run on win XP and use USB 2.0
- The nc pod can be disconected (by soft) in windows just like a USB key
- Nc pod controller is well intalled in setting panel (it exist on it and windows consider that the controller has no problem)
Unfortunately, an error message aware me that the updating program of the fireware don't find nc pod which is supplied with DC 5V and plugged to the PC

Due to this problem, ncpod plugin diagnostic shows nothing

Thank for you help in advance.

Freddy
Re: Problem configuring NC Pod
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:41 AM »
Hello,

I managed to update the ncpod to the 2045 fireware, which is supplied with "ncpod basic panel".

So I tried to validate the configuration of the ncpod to the laptop by using "ncpod basic panel". I click on "+" for an axis to make move it. Unfortunately it didn't work (with 42V supplier and drivers connected and ON). I click on "move tool to origine". Finaly, all button became grey and no button was pushable. The Ncpod was probaly disconnected (physically connected but soft disconnected).
I don't know what hapened.

If you have any idea...

Other thing, I didn't find signification of enlightning led. If you've got that, I'm interrested.

For information, when I supply nc pod with 5V DC, red led is fixed enlighted, and Green and blue flash (1 Hz).
When the nc pod is reconized by the PC, red is OFF and green and blue ON. I don't know if it's mean that all is OK for the ncpod and connection with the PC (it's a laptop : I disabled lagacy in bios).

Any help is importante for me. Thanks by adavance.

Regards

Freddy
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:39:06 AM »
My problems are not solved.

Here are some pics of the milling machine.

Strokes of the machine : 850 * 350 * 150 mm

Use : for wood (model to make composite molds for scale gliders), and a bite of aluminium

The machine is almost ready to run but for first test and smoll milling.
When it will running properly, the part hanging the kress will be made of aluminium. It will be the same for the table of the machine (vaccum table).

Freddy

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »
Freddy, that is a very nice looking little machine.

Hopefuly someone will help with your NCPod questions. I have never had one so I'm afraid I won't be much help. I will post a topic in the general discussion board to try to get a few more eyes on your topic.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »
Thank's very much for this help.

Regards

Freddy
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 03:52:36 PM »
Freddy,

I'm also , no help , but just want to say , That's a very professional looking machine.
Excellent job you have done.

Ed
Ed VanEss
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 03:01:16 AM »
Hello,

Thank's for your massages.

It's not me who made the basis of the machine but a modelist who have acces to CNC milling machine design to mill metal.

I'm finishing it (put parts to guide threads, part to install the spindle, finish alignment of axis, ...). I chose electronic element and wired them, I will do the table (perhaps with a classical machine I'm repairing). However, I do all to finish it the better I can.

Hope it will run next WE.

Regards

Freddy
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 03:52:32 PM »
Hello,

By using "ncpod basic panel", I notice that the communication between PC and ncpod seems to be OK.

However, motors don't move and when I launch Mach 3, nothing is enlight in "ncpod status & config" box of "plugin control" menu.
So, I still have problem to make work that stuff.

One thing is strange : when I use ncpod plug in, jog don't work (coordinates stay at 0). If I don't use the plug in, just to try mach3, jog works. Did you undestand something ?

Regards

Freddy

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »
Freddy, I know nothing of the NC pod. Do you have the ncpod dll file in your C:/Mach 3/plugins folder?

If so, did you open Mach and go to the config tap at the top, config plug-ins and enable the plug-in?

I'm not sure if it will be configured from there or if once it is enabled, close Mach and reopen, Then go to Plugin control tab at top and see if there is a ncpod cofig, in that drop down.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 04:21:39 AM »
If you have not done so already you might also have to set "Reset Device Select"  which is found in the "Function Cfgs" menu

Greg