Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:54:40 PM

Author Topic: MachMotion Screens & Touchscreen vs flat screen and mouse  (Read 9521 times)

MachMotion Screens & Touchscreen vs flat screen and mouse
« on: May 04, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »
Hey all,  I am just finishing up our first CNC router for use within our small company for making cabinets and some engraving work.  We dont have lots of spare cash and was wondering if the MachMotion Mach Screens combined with a touchscreen and worth the extra dollars.  Unfortunately MachMotion does not have a demo version of there product so I cannot try them out.  I loath to spend $200 on the screens just to try them.

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: MachMotion Screens & Touchscreen vs flat screen and mouse
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
Dont know anything about the Mach Motion stuff but I do have touchscreens on all of my machines and wouldnt be without them. Personally I think 17inch screens are the minimum size that should be considered but I do know some people that use 15inch.
 You can buy touch panels on eBay that you fit inside a normal tft screen to turn it into a touch screen, thats what I have.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
Thanks Hood, glad to hear it.  Couple of questions for you: Do you know if your touch screen is resistive or capacitive?  Also which Mach screen set do you use for touch screen?

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:45:36 PM »
I have both resistive and capacitive and they both work well. Resistive allows you to use gloved hands or some form of stylus, none of which I use, other than that there doesnt seem to be much difference in them with regards to accuracy, both types are great.
 I did have an ELO screen that used SAW technology, this to was very nice but was no use in a machineshop as any liquid on the screen would activate it so I bought one of the resistive panels from eBay and replaced it.

I use my own screensets.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 11:35:09 PM »
Thanks Hood.  I found a few guys on ebay and I will check it out.  Also found your screen set on the artsoft site.  Thanks for posting it.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
Hi Hood,  is this the touch panel add-on kit you purchased?  Chinize one from "Lava".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370194031119&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Just want to make sure I am not intentionally buying junkola.

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 11:30:37 AM »
 I am in the UK so different sellers but probably made in the same place in China, heres the one I got, says hes in Ireland but the screen comes from China.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smart-TOUCHSCREEN-Panel-Kit-for-17-LCD-FLAT-Display-POS_W0QQitemZ150339034980QQihZ005QQcategoryZ174QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Hood
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »
Hood are you using any hardware buttons as well as the touch screen. Forgetting your pendant

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »
Yes, I like real buttons :)
Heres a pic of the lathes console

Hood