Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:28:11 AM

Author Topic: i have a problem with servo Y axis motors  (Read 4068 times)

Offline tarik

•  15 15
    • View Profile
i have a problem with servo Y axis motors
« on: May 03, 2009, 07:24:05 PM »
 hi everybody, hope you're ok

my name is tarik,i'm from morocco.

i'm beginner on cnc, and recently i purchased a cncrouter from a supplier,it got two servos in the Y axis.
the machine was sent to me with a pc with mach3 installed and programed already.
i assemble it and pluged it.
the machine has an enable  botton in the controller box they told me i have to push after pluging the machine. after that, a sound from the motors is heard, and they told me that's a feedbach from the motors to the controller box.
but this sound don't stop for Yaxis motors and when i try to jog with them, they make a sudden movement  just in their place and then they stop moving and the other axis too refuse to jog. no movement for all axis. and no sound too.

i cheched everything in mach and i don't thing that sth is wrong.
is it the motors that have some problem??
i tryed many times , i got the same result.
and i noticed also that the Y axis motors has become little bit hot at hand touch.i don't know if it's normal or not.

the supplier told me that they are not synched good.
how am i supposed to do so?

plz, if you have an idea about this kind of problems, help me.

thanks a lot.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: i have a problem with servo Y axis motors
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 02:29:02 AM »
Do you have a link to the makers website or any manuals so we can see what you have.
Hood

Offline tarik

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »
 thanks for replying,

they've only sent me a brief part of mach3 manual  just what i need tu run the machine.with some specifivations concerning how to plug the cables.
no motors manual.
their site is   k2cnc.com,    K2CNC Quick Start for Mach3 (Short and sweet V1.00) is the link to their manual in the support page.
 i tryed sth today that works a bit : in the diagnostics page i tryed to reference the axis pressing pressing the ref x , y ,z ,a  one after the other,
well, X Z and A home normally,and the leds turn green to everyone.   Y also goes to its home but just after it homes,i get no movement when i try to jog with my key board. evrything stops.

if you see some way that i can use to see what's the problem, ...........
thanks a lot.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 06:46:36 PM »
Go to Config menu then General Config and then put a value of 2000 in the debounce interval. If that helps then keep trying with a lower value until the problem reappears then increase again slightly.
Hood

Offline tarik

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 09:04:38 PM »
i'll try,   and let you know if it worked.
thank you a lot

Offline tarik

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »
i tried, nothing has changed.
thanks again, now i'm waiting for their responce,they told me they're going to see this problem with their engeneer.

Offline tarik

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 06:41:18 AM »
i solved the problem,:)
well it has been solved by itself.till now i don't know what was the cause.nothing has been changed in mach,and nothing was wrong with the motors.

the Y right one motor was turning just after turning on the machine without joging with it in mach, but it can't move because the A motor on the other side of the table stoped it, and that explanes the sound and the heat.the Y was trying to move.
some signal was making this fault.i don't know what. now it just dissappeared by itself.maybe from the controller box.

thanks again.