Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:45:33 AM

Author Topic: Breakout Board Operations Questions and Help  (Read 4477 times)

Breakout Board Operations Questions and Help
« on: January 01, 2006, 05:57:31 PM »
Well I got a breakout board and a power supply from cnc4pc. I followed the directions, ran the wires to the right pins, added the enable switch according to plan. Plugged in the parallel port wire and proceded to make a test of the axis motor set up. Well I plug the power cords to a power strip, turned on the power and----------------------------------- all I got was buzzing. What in the Sam Hill did I do wrong? While doing the wiring I noticed I could have soldered the limit switches directly to the parallel port output. All the Gecko's were wired to it,2,3,4,5,6,7, direction and step. I think I could have just as soon wired the limit wire to pin 1 and been in the same position, but with better results. Anybody venture a solution or help here???? I've tested and rewired and tested again still nothing. I guess I'll just go back to basics and let the software guide my machine, still-------------.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 10:15:14 AM by stringkilla »
Re: Breakout Board Operations Questions and Help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:29:22 AM »
I have not used there board... Is there an XML file for the board?  This could help you with the setup if there are others out there that are running the board. I have used Bob's and Steve's boards in the past, both o there boards seemed to work very well. I will take a look at there doc's and see if there is something that is a red flag.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 10:42:23 AM »
I can see where you may be having a problem... If you can please hook up the wires how you think it should be hooked up and mail me how you have hooked up the board and send me your XML file. with the two I can see what you may be doing wrong...

The only way to get this working is to hook up and tell us what is not working (testing the E-stop first) and we will keep checking thing as we go.

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:32:11 AM »
I don't know about XML files Brian. All I got was the board from them. I will try to attach the schematic for you to see, but I cut the wires to my enclosure and re wired the Gecko's, I'm not sure I did it right though. I will try today to re test my motors and configure them correctly.