Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 05:03:47 PM

Author Topic: Xbox 360 controller plugin won't load . error says defective also says Mach4.  (Read 12754 times)

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
I had this working a while back with a wireless controller. I really like the implimentaion, but the wireless was interfering with the machine control. (Same with wireless network).

Finally I bought a wired controller and now Mach will not load the plugin. Latest plugin download and tried .20, .27 and the latest .43.00 also.

Getting error message that plugin is defective and the error box says Mach4.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Who is the wired controller made by?
I think Lee will want to know.

RICH

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Genuine Microsoft controller.

The problem is that Mach refuses to load the plug-in and gives a message that the plug in is corrupted. Got the same message if the controller was plugged in or not.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
simpson36,
Can't speak for Lee but will give some suggestions.

1. Is it the controller working in windows? Check Windows Control Panel>Game Contollers and see what the status is. Activate it before doing the check. Would assume it should say OK. I am using the wireless but i know  someone that is using the XBOX 360 usb and has no problems that I'm aware of. I'll see if I can get in touch with him.

2.In the directory where Mach3 is installed, Mach3>PlugIns see if the DLL file is there. You may want to check
 using Windows Seach for the file name XBox360Controller.dll and see how manny versions you have on the computer, get rid of all of them, and reinstall the Dll again.

3. You probably know this, but, remove the Joystick and ShuttlePro dll's from the PlugIns's directory, then
you only have one controlling device and Enable / config the Xbox contoller. 

Again, I'm using the wireless , have used it in 3.042.020, .024, .027, can't speak for Lee.

FWIW,

RICH

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replies Rich,

Controller is installed and working in windows per device manager.

I got rid of all plug-in .dll except xbox in plug-in directory. Only one xbox dll on the whole system. It is in the c:\Mach3\PlugIns directory. 

It is identified by explorer as
COMPANY: Lee Davis
VERSION: 2.1.0.0
SIZE 540kb

As I said, I had the wireless version working, so I suspect a newer version of the plugin has been posted and I don't still have an earlier verison to try.

Since the error box says Mach 4, and the version is 2.x, I have to wonder if Lee updated the plugin for a future Mach4 and inadvertantly posted that version of the plugin perhaps?

Would you mind posting the actual .dll (or the m3p) you are using so that I can try that?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:12:54 AM by simpson36 »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Simpson36,
There is an updated plug-in  which can be found in the Downloads section for the XBOX360. Suggest you download it and use that one.
RICH

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Version now says 2.2.0.0

Same result . . will not load

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
simpson36,
Don't like posting a file for any programs as it can create confusion, but here it is.
Change the file name to Xbox360Controller.dll.
RICH
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:15:36 PM by RICH »

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Thanks Rich.

Still no joy.

I'm out of ideas to try. Realoaded Mach, tried different versions, uninstalled anti virus.

The error says 'Mach 4'. Could that be a clue?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
I assume that you have read the installation information as that gives some specific information. Other than that i don't know.  Send a personnal message to LEED3. Lee may not be monitoring this thread as there is
a thread or two devoted to the XBOX. 
RICH