Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:24:49 AM

Author Topic: No Motor movement with Townlabs TL518er  (Read 8836 times)

No Motor movement with Townlabs TL518er
« on: April 27, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »
Hello I am a newbie. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :) I have loaded the demo of Mach 3 and my machine builders configuration file. When I load mach I get  message at the bottom " No shuttle detected of type selected" Any ideas? Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: No Motor movement with Townlabs TL518er
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:03:26 AM »
That message is because the new installer automatically enables the shuttle pro plugin, because you dont have one you get the error message. If you go to C:\Mach3\Plugins you will see the dll for the shuttlepor, just delete it then restart Mach.
 Regarding your non movement, can you try and give us some more info and maybe also attach the xml (config file)

Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:55:13 AM »
 Hello there,Thanks for a quick response. I do have an appointment in a hour but will be back in about 5.my computer has a parallel port ( printer prt right?).I resatarted my computer many times after installing mach and the configuration file. My computer is a  Compac Presario2100 laptop. It says the LPT1 port is working . Altough it does give 2 I/O ranges with 2 different settings.All the settings match the pages in my instruction book. I attached the configuration file and my instruction file. Do you also have a townlabs? Any Suggestons? Thanks again,Jessie

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:18:07 AM »
Your xml looks fine and seems to be set up as the manual suggests. Your issue could be your parallel port, also with it being a laptop you may have problems.
 Have a look on the diagnostics page and make sure there is something in the Time in Int box and also the pulse frequency box. Also run the driver test to see what it looks like.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 06:38:59 PM »
I try updating the driver for the parell port and it says no better updates, The value is at 0.0 for the time in int box and i don't see were a value for the pulse generater box is. Later I can try this with ny desk top computer. THANKS.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:48:54 PM »
That means the driver s not installed or if installed is not working properly.
 You could try the special driver, just double click on it, you will find it in the Mach3 folder on your drive. If that doesnt help then just double click on the normal driver and it will be back to the way it was before.

Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »
Not sure what I did but my computer woud crash anytime i loaded mach. I reinstalled windows, mach and my configuration file. Now I get a value around 4 for the Time in int. and 25388 value for pulse frequency. Still no movement. I saw a driver test in the mach folder , Would this help? Does mach work with laptops? Thanks, Jessie

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 01:28:35 PM »
Mach will run fine on some laptops and very badly on others. Switching off any power saving features both in windows and Bios can help sometimes.
The driver test will show whether your computer is able to pulse effectively enough for running a machine.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 03:45:54 PM »
It works!!! I just reinstalled everything and restarted it and it works.I did notice mach loading a port driver . Something I don't remember it doing the first time. Now, will the driver test tell me anything I need to know? Or can go foward into the next round of trouble. Thanks for your help again, Hood.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 03:49:08 PM »
Because its a laptop I would do the Driver Test to see what it looks like. If its relatively smooth then all is well, if there are huge spikes you may need to do some optomising.
Hood