Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:24:01 AM

Author Topic: Can't override Feedrate  (Read 3856 times)

Can't override Feedrate
« on: April 26, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »
Since changing to the SmoothStepper, I found the Feedrate Override on Mach3 keeps changing back to 100% quickly.  AFAIK it's resetting it every g-code line.  Do others see this problem?  Is there any fix?

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Can't override Feedrate
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:32:42 PM »
With the SS you cannot override over 100%. You can go slower though.

So you can just program your feeds properly so there is no need to change it, or set your feed higher than you need so you can slow it down via the override.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »
I have been testing a new version of the plugin that puts FRO back to Mach control and it works extremely well, there is a problem when the FRO goes too low, somewhere below 10% and it was found to be a Mach/SS problem. I have also tested a new version of Mach and this problem has been cured. Hopefully these will be released soon.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:15:39 AM »
I have been testing a new version of the plugin that puts FRO back to Mach control and it works extremely well, there is a problem when the FRO goes too low, somewhere below 10% and it was found to be a Mach/SS problem. I have also tested a new version of Mach and this problem has been cured. Hopefully these will be released soon.
Hood

What was the problem?
I found that changing Feedrate while running can cause a stall.   Actually just playing with the MDI and toying with the Feedrate you can hear jerks in the motor.  It seems to temporarily accept feedrates over 100%, surges forward, then surges back to 100%.  Somewhere in there it must be forgetting the acceleration limits too to make that stall.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 03:25:06 AM »
The latest version of Mach should have the fix but I dont think Greg has released the plugin that puts the FRO back to Mach control yet.
Hood