Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:03:24 AM

Author Topic: re spline and gear cutting wizard  (Read 4661 times)

re spline and gear cutting wizard
« on: April 26, 2009, 08:14:56 PM »
Hi all problem is this :trying to cut four splines on a shaft and when i fill in everything and post my code i get all positive moves in z no negative i looked at the code and it outputs a z positive move and then goes down from there never crossing into the negative plain to make a cut even though the machine was homed and zeroed on part zero.Tested machine all is well makes z- moves from mdi after zero checked with dial ind . And rechecked steps everything in spec as it should be it will give a start position on posting code i am not sure what this is ?it something like .3110 is this to be the z offset height ?

vmax549

Re: re spline and gear cutting wizard
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 06:05:11 PM »
HIYA Woffler,  I am climbing out on a limb(;-) But I believe they set it up to assume that zero is at the center of the shaft so that would make all Z moves positve. That is why it ask for the shaft diam so it can calculate the z moves as positive.

Give it a whirl that way and see what it does.  (;-) TP
Re: re spline and gear cutting wizard
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 07:29:13 PM »
Thanks that makes sense for the life of me i could not figure it out i tried the offset above to the right to the left everything but center of shaft thanks ill give it a try ive been trying to get this thing made for a week .Everything else works fine except that it would explain that z + move .

Thanks Again vmax