Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:48:44 AM

Author Topic: Hotkeys for buttons on screen...  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Hotkeys for buttons on screen...
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
As said I dislike hotkeys, Phill has pointed out one reason, another is you have to be extremely carefull that you dont assign a hotkey to more than one button function.

Hood

An advantage of MachScreen over Screen4 is that MachScreen throws an error if you map two buttons to one hotkey.

Just another god reason to not use Hotkeys then, eh Phil ? 
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 10:22:34 AM »
I'm sorry, but no way to solve it. I did a new Screen4 installation in the way you suggest me but the error message is still there.
I'll try on another PC at this point.
I kindly ask you Hood, if you can post the modified screen set to zero the Z DRO too.

Thanks in advance.
Alberto

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 11:22:46 AM »
Have changed the hotkeys on all pages of the screen so they should work fine.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
Hood, thank again.
I installed Screen4 on a new PC, the one I use to drive my CNC machines, and everything works great now. I'm able to change the hotkey codes and to assign hoykeys to my new joypad.
I cannot understand why on my office PC, that is bigger and faster and super...., the whole environment doesn't work correctly.
Anyway, glad I found you.

Ciao
Alberto

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 05:29:24 PM »
Have a look on the office PC and see if there is a file called Screen4.xml in the Mach3 folder, if there is check its not set as read only. Not sure if that would be the problem or not but worth checking.

Hood
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 03:47:17 AM »
OK, I'll check it.
Another strange thing happened today.
I upgraded to Mach3 version 3 demo from version 1.84 demo.
Almost everything is working fine. No more problem with Screen4 and so on, just I don't understand why when I reverse the motor direction with backlash enabled (does not matter the percent of backlash speed) the motor reverse the direction slowly and then run at usual speed.
When the backlash is disabled (but I have some to take into account!!!) the motor speed is always the same unless specified in the interface. This strange behaviour take place if I jog the motor with the keyboard arrows, with GCode command and with the joypad too.
The slow movement in the opposite direction is not just the one used to eliminate backlash (few 10th of mm) but is more than few mm (4 or 5 mm)!!

OK, may be this is not the correct section to post this question but I will be happy if you can help me.
Thanks

Alberto

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 04:20:01 AM »
I have never used Backlash Comp so probably not the best to help, but have a look on General Config page, middle top and see what you have for Shuttle Accel settings, should probably be 0.05 or something like that.

Oh and never thought about asking your version of Mach for your screen4 issue but with the older versions you would need to use ScreenDesigner, it was the original screen programme. Screen4 will only work properly with later revisions.
Hood
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:27:42 AM by Hood »
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 04:28:00 AM »
As said I dislike hotkeys, Phill has pointed out one reason, another is you have to be extremely carefull that you dont assign a hotkey to more than one button function.

Hood

An advantage of MachScreen over Screen4 is that MachScreen throws an error if you map two buttons to one hotkey.

Just another god reason to not use Hotkeys then, eh Phil ? 

Hard not to agree, except Mach is supplied with HotKeys  :P
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 04:30:31 AM »
Hard not to agree, except Mach is supplied with HotKeys  :P

Yes, Mach caters for all sorts of people, especially the I/O deficient. ;D

Hood 
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 10:31:25 AM »
Thanks Hood. Problem almost resolved. It was the Shuttle Accel settings. I just have to find the correct setting.
Anyway I don't know why this happened cause I saved my config files from the old version and supposed they worked correctly also in the new (last)one...
Good to know it.

Alberto