Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:34:26 PM

Author Topic: Important function using Pokeys  (Read 3654 times)

Important function using Pokeys
« on: April 20, 2009, 07:57:45 PM »
I'm in a process of building a pendant using pokeys board.

Will E-STOP will work with pokeys or I should use my bob to do it.

How about FEED HOLD,  STOP and CYCLE START.

Just asking before hooking it up completely

Thanks, Jeff

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Important function using Pokeys
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:39:03 AM »
E-stop could work with PoKeys, but as E-stop is security function it is not recomended to hook it via PoKeys only.
E-stop should be connected also directly to your motor controller as computer can freeze.
For all other functions there is no any problem.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:14:15 AM »
Jeff, I second the E-Stop advice given by Boris, that should go to your hardware E-Stop circuit, nothing to stop you haveing a double pole E-Stop and also using it for Mach notification as well via the PoKeys but I would certainly not rely on that alone just as I would not rely on the software approach with any other device whether direct Parallel Port or anything else.

For the FeedHold, if you are using the Parallel Port it should work fine, if using the SmoothStepper then you will need to wait for a new plugin and the next rev of Mach. I have been testing both and they are almost at the stage for release so hopefully they will be soon.

All other buttons will work fine.

Hood
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 02:36:37 AM »
Thanks guys.

All the jog functions have been set up and working with pokeys.

So If I have wire  to hook up the ESTOP from my pendant to my bob, I should have some spare wires to use for Pause, Cycle start and stop.