Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:24:20 AM

Author Topic: Refurbished standard screen  (Read 19254 times)

Refurbished standard screen
« on: April 17, 2009, 07:53:41 AM »
I have refurbished the main screen in the standard mill screen set. I started with the original jpg file, increased the size slightly and vent over it completely. This did I in MS paint. Saved the file as a bmp. However the conversion to jpg in MS paint sucks big time. Horribly compression and lots of ghosts. I did the bmp to jpg conversion in irfanview. Much better results there.

Here is the main screen background and a zip containing the main screen background, a new run button and the set file.

I will probably refurbish the other screens also when I get time for it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:48:07 PM by SteinarN »
Re: Refurbished standard screen
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:12:05 AM »
Here is a screen shot of Mach3 running with the refurbished main screen.

One more thing to do here is to make new some of the buttons. It's at least three different sized buttons under the axis DRO's. Have to make the button size and appearance more consistent.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 08:19:04 AM by SteinarN »
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:39:39 AM »
Here is some new buttons added. I'm not fully satisfied with the new buttons. It could have been a thad more gradual transition between the light green in the center and the darker green outside.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 03:53:30 AM »
Looks like you put a lot of time into the rework. I never could get the hang of Paint.   ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 05:41:05 AM »
Looks like you put a lot of time into the rework. I never could get the hang of Paint.   ;D

Brett

Yes, to much time already!

I started from scratch with ms-paint. I don't think I like that program.

I had used several hours to tidy up the main screen background, saved it in bmp, opened the saved bmp file, worked more on it and "saved" it instead of "save as". What I didn't know is that ms-paint automatically saves in jpg when only "saving" even if it is a bmp you have opened and is working on. When I opened another drawing and after that should open the bmp file of the main screen it was in fact saved as a jpg file!  >:(

If you have studied an originally proper drawing which is then saved by ms-paint in jpg you know what I mean. Ms-paint converts horribly to jpg. Lots of "ghosts". You can clearly see all the faults even in normal size, you don't need to zoom in to see it............. I did this twice.............
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 11:25:30 AM »
Here is the MDI screen. One screen shot of mach3 mdi screen and the mdi background image.

This background image was much quicker to make,. Learned a lot from making the main screen image. Lots of copy and cut and paste.

Have still to make some new buttons and adjustment, but the mdi screen image is finished.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:56:42 PM by SteinarN »

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »
Nice, clean job you're doing there. I'm sure those that use the original screens would love it-  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »
Some new buttons made. Still some work to do on the MDI screen though. I don't want to have to many different button sizes. The "standard" 40x60 pixel buttons looks very small in the "teaching" area of the MDI screen. Have to think on what to do there.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »
Nice, clean job you're doing there. I'm sure those that use the original screens would love it-  :)

Dave

Thanks!

It takes a lot of time, to much time in fact. It will probably be some time before I get all screens done.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »
Latest development.

Not fully satisfied with the "Teaching buttons". I wont make bigger buttons there. Maybe I make the area where the buttons are smaller. But that will not be tonight!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:35:36 AM by SteinarN »