Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:18:35 AM

Author Topic: BladeRunner  (Read 17132 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: BladeRunner
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 09:12:19 AM »
Excellent work.  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 08:17:32 AM »
Thanx tweaky!

just made some wicked Spindle Mounts and Vac Foot!

love it!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
Like your Flow TX as well.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
More bling....
Ive now fitted a 20mm solid ali deck and spoilboards and drilled and tapped clamping holes as well as made some wicked clamps

Now Its ROCK and ROLL!
here is a utube vid of an engraving i made for a mates logo that i designed and its on a plate that my machine cut and pocketted too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oProIWcHkww

Cheers

Haydn

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 12:47:49 AM »
Hi Haydn,

Great job!

WOW... 0.1mm accuracy with rack and pinion system!! Would have never thought it could be so accurate.

That spindle is quit indeed... even the steppers make more noise ;)

Daniel
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 01:13:54 AM »
WOW is right are you going to supply plans and sources for the parts?  That is just too cool!!  Great job!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 03:10:55 AM »
The Spindle is the Clasic chinese with german bearings 1.5kw watercooled with VFD driver.A PC watercooler the Thermaltake 8501 bigwater to keep things KOOOOOL! works great...im getting .00 acuracys with my rack and pinion im thinking of putting some belt drive,s for evn more accuracy..i was running that vid at 1000units/m but actually had it at 2000units/m with no problems so im very happy for my home built machine built prmarily with a battery operated hand drill and a hacksaw....then later on in the build used a X1 mini mill and a Radial Armsaw with tungsten blade to finnish it off!

BladeRunner now has made enough parts for a second machine that is nearly complete and that 1 is definatly a KOOOKER! will send pics once final build is done just taken apart for final paint and reasambly!
and Also a 3rd machine is now in the pipe line ...all the hardware is onroute from various places all around the globe and expacting a knock at the door prom the postman anyday soon!

Cheers

Haydn

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:03 AM »
Really nice job, Haydn, I'm finally starting my own table and have enjoyed watching your build very much.   :)

May I ask what video cam you used? Beautiful quality!

Thanks for sharing,
Dave
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:00:34 AM by budman68 »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »
Hey Guys thanx again!
Its a Sony hdr -sr12  HD gotta love the clarity!

as far as the VFD goes yes it will control a spindle down to that rpm if the spindle can go that low....I got mine from that bloke as well and several other chaps have also jumped on board and we are all very happy....if you get a spindle just make sure it can go that low..mine specifys 6000-24000 i did some work with a drill bit and it didnt have the torque below 6000 at all and it was a 7mm drill it just stalled strait away into aliminium..so do some research into the operation range...normally high speed spindles wont go that low at all as far as 600 rpm goes maybe you could make a reduction box to get the rpms down but then you will be adding weight to your Z gantry and end up chasing your tail!

Cheers

Haydn

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
Its a Sony hdr -sr12  HD gotta love the clarity!

Indeed!

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)