Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:23:21 PM

Author Topic: BladeRunner  (Read 17189 times)

BladeRunner
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »
Greetings from OZ!
just finnished creating my own Router...its my own design out of my head made from ideas from all over the world..ive called it BLADERUNNER..took me 14 days to construct pretty much more than 12 hours a day and about $3000.00 australian to build...
i was intersted in building the "Mechmate" but was blown off by the owner as i wanted that design but on a smaller scale,he told me to go look on the net for designs as there where lots out there..no kidding mate ..LOTS OUT THERE..so instead of wasting time i just built it one part at a time and let the next part decide how i connect the nextt and so on...well im really chuffed and the tunning is going well and the specs really good...i hope to creat many Rc Planes and Heli parts with this machine.
the bluetooth is my handheld remote controler made by logictec called the Dinova mini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zhwnxttPbE

yes yes i know the table is wobbly...thats the next plan he he he
cheers

Haydn
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:38:14 AM by bladerunner »
Re: BladeRunner
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:00:54 AM »
Greetings from OZ!
just finnished creating my own Router...its my own design out of my head made from ideas from all over the world..ive called it BLADERUNNER..took me 14 days to construct pretty much more than 12 hours a day and about $3000.00 australian to build...
i was intersted in building the "Mechmate" but was blown off by the owner as i wanted that design but on a smaller scale,he told me to go look on the net for designs as there where lots out there..no kidding mate ..LOTS OUT THERE..so instead of wasting time i just built it one part at a time and let the next part decide how i connect the nextt and so on...well im really chuffed and the tunning is going well and the specs really good...i hope to creat many Rc Planes and Heli parts with this machine

cheers

Haydn

Haydn,

That looks pretty darn cool if you ask me.  I'm trying to figure out how that motor on top of the "Z" axis works though.  Is it the "Y" axis drive running on a toothed rail?

Yeah that guy with the Mechmate is a jerk.  He doesn't like anyone who isn't a purest.  I like your design much better.  I'd be interested in building one too.

Greg
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 11:01:26 AM »
RIGHT ON HAYDN !
That's generally the way I build but my results aren't as good as yours.
Be sure to post some of the parts you make.
EXCELLENT JOB !
Thanks,
RC
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
Greetings from OZ!
i was intersted in building the "Mechmate" but was blown off by the owner as i wanted that design but on a smaller scale,he told me to go look on the net for designs as there where lots out there..no kidding mate ..LOTS OUT THERE..so instead of wasting time i just built it one part at a time and let the next part decide how i connect the nextt and so on...well im really chuffed and the tunning is going well and the specs really good...i hope to creat many Rc Planes and Heli parts with this machine

cheers

Haydn

Haydn,

That looks pretty darn cool if you ask me.  I'm trying to figure out how that motor on top of the "Z" axis works though.  Is it the "Y" axis drive running on a toothed rail?

Yeah that guy with the Mechmate is a jerk.  He doesn't like anyone who isn't a purest.  I like your design much better.  I'd be interested in building one too.

Greg

Howdee Greg!

yes its a rack and pinion system and there are two steppers driving the x axis and ,well in fact ive used the rack on all the gantrys..ive heard that its not as acurate as ball/screw but im happy with what i have...im planning on retrifitting a mini mill amd lathe soon so will use that system there for greater accuracy

cheers for the compliments guys just need to make some stuff now and play with the toys it makes!

YEEHAAA!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:16:08 AM by bladerunner »
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 11:19:05 AM »
I'm going to have to study your photos to see if I can come up with something like that.  It looks Great!!!!  Your design could give that Mechmate a run for it's money.  The Mechmate requires a machine shop and welder to build.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:24:55 AM by GAWnCA »
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »
Cool
 message me your email and i will send you my  build photos and you can have fun ...

cheers

H

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 05:19:37 AM »

Yeah that guy with the Mechmate is a jerk.  He doesn't like anyone who isn't a purest. 

Gerald has designed a CNC router capable of processing full sheet material in a commercial environment that can be built quite economically.

He has provided full construction drawings for FREE

Out of his own pocket he has funded and provided a forum to assist any who wish to build his design for FREE

He tirelessly assists and advises anybody from anywhere to build his design for FREE

I for one think that he is entitled to limit his  forum to the subject that he provides it for.  

There are many general type forums like CNCzone, Artsoft etc.

Gerald has demonstrated over a number of years to be the most generous person that I have seen by his actions.

I tell my kids that when they say something derogatory about someone, that it always says more about the speaker than the subject.

Greg
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 05:21:57 AM by Greolt »
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »

Gerald has designed a CNC router capable of processing full sheet material in a commercial environment that can be built quite economically.

He has provided full construction drawings for FREE

Out of his own pocket he has funded and provided a forum to assist any who wish to build his design for FREE

He tirelessly assists and advises anybody from anywhere to build his design for FREE

I for one think that he is entitled to limit his  forum to the subject that he provides it for.  

There are many general type forums like CNCzone, Artsoft etc.

Gerald has demonstrated over a number of years to be the most generous person that I have seen by his actions.

I tell my kids that when they say something derogatory about someone, that it always says more about the speaker than the subject.

Greg

Just because he has done all of this and supplies some drawings for free, it does not give him the right to be an A$$Hol3.  He is a jerk because if you point out a better way of doing something in his design, he cuts off your access to discuss anything further.  It's HIS way or the HIGHWAY!  And one more thing, he stole his machine design from, ShopBot, it's not even his original thought.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:39:39 PM by GAWnCA »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »
Nice machine H - I expect to see pictures of some airplane parts posted in the near future.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 07:34:59 AM »
More Progress!

fitted the chinese watercooled spindle! thats nice and SILENT! also a mate "Gary" milled out the holes for the gantry uprites today so looks SWEET! also upgraded the slides and upgraded to the expensive extrution so everything is looking good,
ive done a few test cuts and im very happy withthe resolution im getting...only .01 difference on a cut circle in 10mm ali!

cheers

Haydn