Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:41:47 AM

Author Topic: Yet another limit switch problem.  (Read 3403 times)

Yet another limit switch problem.
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:12:52 AM »
I have a strange problem with my limit/home switches.

I have three limit switches in series, normally closed. They're all on Port 1, Pin 11 and this is correctly set.

If I try to "Ref All Home" the axes all move a little bit, slowly (the amount that they move seems random) and then halt, but they don't make it to the switches.

If I activate a limit switch by hand while jogging the axes, the axes do not stop, they just slow waaaay down. 

Help?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another limit switch problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 04:09:02 AM »
Please attach your xml.
Hood

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:00:16 AM »
While Hood has a look at you XML (which I don't understand) - I take it all you switches are wired in series (not parrallel).

What you need to do is turn to the diagnostics page  and check the LEDS are working properly (i.e. the signals are getting into the computer from your switches.

Each input is marked. If you have your switches all wired in series, then all will come on at once, so it doesn't really matter, but without jogging, or anything else, open and close the switches by hand. Each one should respond by lighting all three limit leds.

If you are not getting the leds to light, then your switches are not being "spotted". Check there is no other input assigned to Port1 Pin 11, or try one of the other inputs - pins 10,12 13 or 15. When you have assigned the pins - have you activated them?

If they all come on when "not" switched, changes the "active low" column on them all
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:38:28 AM »
Sorry for the lack of XML. I'm not in front of that machine right now, so I can't attach it right now -- I'll try to get it tonight.

My switches are wired in series. All three LEDs light up properly when I press any one of the switches, so the signal is fine.

As far as I can find, nothing else is assigned to Port 1 Pin 11. The switches are active.

It's totally bizarre. If I hold a switch, I can see it lighting up the three LEDs, but the axes will all still jog, just very slowly.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
Well, hopefully this helps someone.

After you asked about the XML file, I remembered that I was using an XML file supplied by HobbyCNC, from their yahoo group. I deleted it and started fresh and everything works exactly as expected.