Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:31:32 PM

Author Topic: new computer can't jog faster than 50 ipm?  (Read 22735 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: new computer can't jog faster than 50 ipm?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 06:10:55 PM »
Glad you like it, they are nice :)
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »
Happy things are working for you. I know that the SS was another expense but compared
to the agrivation of that computer the SS cost is only a memory now.  ;)
RICH
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 10:27:42 AM »
Hi All. I am an old user remotivated I have purchase a S/hand Xp 32bit computer approx three yeras old to use with Mach3. My old computer worked fine with Mach 3 but was getting old and intermittant boot up. I have pinned my problem with slow running motors down to Pulse frequency . Mach3 Pulse frequency set at 25k but when in use on Diagnosis page only getting 4500-5000. If if run LPT Debugger frequency is 25K and moturs run ok. Don't want to run with LPT debugger on all the time any suggestions where I may look for a fix have spent many hours so far to get to this point.
Thanks in advance Graeme 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 01:54:31 PM »
Have you  installed any software since it worked correctly or done any windows updates?
If not then it could simply be the motherboard dying slowly, might be worth checking that it is not clogged up with dust and also have a look in the BIOS and see if the voltages are close to what they should be.
Hood
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
Sorry the computer I have the problem with was a fresh install on a clean xp computer.
No dust clean board
Checked Bios found frequency set at auto I changed to 2500mhz.
Tried mach3 again in diagnosis screen pulse frequency. approx 5500 motors run slow.
When I run a lpt port monitor the frequency changes to 25000 Or more.
Motors sound right but sound like missing steps

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 01:44:52 AM »
Ok first thing is BIOS has no control over the frequency of Mach, I suspect what you have  set is the processors frequency. You will have to be careful with that as you may be over or under clocking it, it should be set to whatever your processors speed is.

Ok so if this is a new computer that doesnt work then have a look at the optimisation document. It should be on the Mach3 main site but you may have to search for it as it is a new site and I am unsure exactly where it is now.
Hood
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 03:18:42 AM »
I found windows XP professional Optimization guide.
XP home edition came pre installed on computer can I run optimization steps from after install or do I need a fresh install? might not have disk for home only Dell xp Professional?

I also tried running USB controlled HyCNC-4P-60 from Hytechworks. This is a controller unit generating its own Frequency etc the motors  sounds much different than when running on LPT (sound grindy)
I am not sure if it is running at the right speed what is the best way to test speed of motors?
I thought I could Program a square and check Time and distance to complete.

Thanks Graeme

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 06:23:04 AM »
You can do some of the steps I think, never really looked as I have never had a problem myself and thus never needed to do them.
People have mentioned that one on or two of the steps have helped so often not all are needed, just do what you can and see.
Also some people have tried all of the steps and still it has not helped so they had to either try another computer or go with an external controller.

Time will be correct if distance is and distance is determined by you setting the correct steps per unit.

Hood
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 07:15:57 AM »
Ok went through xp optimize couldnt do acpt pc as this killed my computer an had re install xp twice
Still same problem with slow motors frequency low  around 6000 not 25000 any other ideas

Graemecns

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »
Only things I could really suggest is to try another computer or possibly try a PCI parallel port or get an external controller such as CSMIO OR SmoothStepper or similar.
Hood