Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:58:57 AM

Author Topic: Home, machine, and work coordinates  (Read 2975 times)

Offline mrpeja

•  114 114
    • View Profile
    • Embroidery Machines
Home, machine, and work coordinates
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »
Hi Hood,
Here is one actual question:
I have plasma table 3,5 x 1,8 meter travel, limit switches at both ends.
Z axis 150 mm travel, with Floating head, floating switch and home/limit switch at one end.
I want to cut on sheet 3 x 1,5 meter, and sheet should be somewhere in the middle of the table.
Please explain what will be the home position, machine coordinates, work coordinates.
Please explain how to set each of them and how to remember all for further work.
Should SheetCam be involved in this process?
Please have on your mind, I'm a newbie,
Regards
mrpeja

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Home, machine, and work coordinates
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
If you have home switches at the ends of the travels then it is normal to home X and Y in the negative directions and Z in the positive. If you have Auto zero chosen on the Homing and Limits page this will then zero the machine coords when you home the machine. You can then jog to any position on the table you wish and press the zero button at the side of the axis DROs, you have now just set up a work offset(G54). If you press the machine coords zero you will see the distance you have moved from them, press it again and you will again see your work offset.
 In your CAM programme you would normally have it so that zero on X and Y are at lower left corner of your work and Z zero is the surface, When you shut down Mach it will ask if you wish to save the offsets, if you say yes then the next time you start Mach you can Home and then press Go to Z button and the axis will move to the zero position you set up the last time. You can also have many more offsets if you wish, for example you could jog to another position on your table and then in MDI you type G55 and then zero the DROs like before, you have just set up a G55 offset, to see this just type in G54 and the DROs should now show your previous position, type G55 and you you will be back to zero.
Hood