Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 03:21:36 AM

Author Topic: LazyCam Pro offset problem?????  (Read 2851 times)

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
LazyCam Pro offset problem?????
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »
Hi, when I use offset the offset is not symmetrical around the original circle. I there a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for any help received.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: LazyCam Pro offset problem?????
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »
some pictures and the dxf file of your problem would help.

Graham
Without engineers the world stops

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
Re: LazyCam Pro offset problem?????
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:25:16 PM »
Hi Graham, I have resolved all my LazyCam issues. I did not understand that  chains should be in their own layer. When the display starts producing odd placements of offsets and pockets I restart the program and  the problems go away. I am on to my next problem. When I run a cut project in Mach 3 the large circles are cut as ovals. I noticed when I calibrated the x, y, and z axis the dial indicator measured the correct distance was moved but the DRO would not show the correct reading and would not show the correct display for return to zero. 

G1 X 0.5
       DRO 0.4997
        dial indicator 0.5
G1 X 0
       DRO 0.0007
        dial indicator 0.0

So if I cut a series of circles around a center point the circle shift to the positive. The error adds up.
At the end of  a project if I press Goto Z the axis returns to a start point that is about an 1/8 th of a inch off from the real start position.  If you have any ideas how I can solve this problem please let my know. Thank you for helping and best regards.