Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:50:04 AM

Author Topic: problem with a axis dro  (Read 5048 times)

problem with a axis dro
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:10:45 PM »
I am having a problem with the a axis dro it does not move when jogging i wish to install a rotary table .Is there something that needs to be turned on Ive checked the ports and pins they are OK there must be something that i am overlooking can some one please offer a suggestion.

Thank You  ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: problem with a axis dro
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »
You sure you have it enabled in Ports and Pins, its easy to forget to do that, dont ask how I know ;D
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »
Hi hood nice talking to you again i rechecked the ports and pins .I have anouther pc with mach on it and it is set to the same settings and it works on it there seems to be something wrong in the jog control the led for the jog mode will not light up either when changing modes ive tried the mdi no move either .I am not sure what to do with it i am going to recheck settings again in the morning  aginst this pc and see if i can find any difference . Dusty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 04:16:41 AM »
Can you jog the other axis? if not then make sure Jog Control is switched on. If  you can the it could be the HotKeys are messed up, go to Config menu then System Hotkeys and clcik on the A++ and press the key you are wanting to use then A-- and the key for that. Just be careful if you are wishing to use non standard keys for that as they may already be set up for some other function.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:54:17 PM »
thanks hood i can jog all outher axis and i have a shuttle pro hooked in and set up and running ill look at the hot keys and report back thanks again. dusty
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 08:23:15 PM »
Hi Hood i checked the hot keys they wont work either i tried setting up the arrow keys for jogging and no luck on any axis. They will work with the tab out jog control in x y and z but no A axis and they work on shuttle control but no A axis either and no jog mode control or jog cycle step control either its really weird .Well the adventure continues the two xmls that i looked at look the same from one pc to the outher i tried a new download of mach using the latest release maybe ill try backing up to the lockdown version and see if there is a change.  Thanks dusty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:32:54 PM »
If your xml's are the same pinout and tuning  then just copy the good one and paste it into the Mach3 folder on the bad computer.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 04:53:06 PM »
Hi Hood got it to working turned out to be the driver for the profile for the ubob control board any way its working now.I have anouther question on the a axis do i need to put a home switch on it so mach knows where its at and any idea on how to set the steps per for rotary rotation ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 05:22:17 PM »
Never actually had an a axis set up as  angular, the one I have on the coil winder (spindle basically) is just set as 1 rev is one unit. Dont think you need a home switch as when you zero the axis  it will know where it is, also when you Ref All the axis will be set to machine coords zero where it is sitting.
 Steps for rotation I suppose will depend on how you are to be setting it up, if you are going to be working in degrees then it will be the amount of steps to do one revolution of the axis divided by 360 degrees.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »
Thanks Hood i intend to use it as a dividing head  i have fourth axis software cad cam i believe your right about the steps .I was unsure about the home switch idea i see your point that when when you zero the axis it would take that as the offset . Thanks for your help and have a great day