Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:28:17 AM

Author Topic: Can input led's stay on after e-stop  (Read 6806 times)

Can input led's stay on after e-stop
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »
I was wondering if it is possible to have led's in the diagnostics stay lit after and external e-stop from any of the limit switches or any other led's causing the e-stop. It would make trouble shooting when I have a problem easier if they would stay on till I manually clear them.

Thanks,
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Can input led's stay on after e-stop
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:18:12 AM »
The LEDs for limits should stay on even when in reset, if you are having issues with random limit errors then its likely noise and because of that it is unlikely you will see the limit switch LEDs stay on. Try increasing the Debounce Interval to 2000 if that is your problem and see if it helps.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:40:17 AM »

Thanks Hood,
but what is happening is that if one of my limit switches is going bad the will trigger an e-stop due to the vibration of the router. What I was hoping is that if I get a random e-stop error due to vibration, that the led from the fault would stay active until the machine is Reset.

Thanks,
Tom
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
Nope, they are not going to stay lit if by the time you checked they have been un-triggered.

I guess you could  write a macropump that would monitor the limit switches' LEDs and have it turn on another led which should stay on on estop. THen just have a button to turn it off once you figured out which one was it.

You might even have the macropump look at the leds, and post something to a ticker like "X limit switch triggered"

but if the triggering of the limit switch on off is faster than the macropump run speed, this might not work.

Fernando

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »
Macropump is a great  idea but think a Brain would be even better as I think they are much faster than the macropump.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
Hood, they are faster but from what i remember the latching in brains is not so good, dont know if you can output to a ticker in brains though.
Fernando

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »
If you just have the Brain turning on a LED if it sees the Limit then no real need to latch or are you meaning something else?
Hood

Edit, thinking about it you are probably right, maybe you can write to a DRO instead?
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 12:49:31 PM »
Yea, if you just have the brain light up a LED when the limit LED is on, then, you have the same problem, you need a way to latch it.

If it is possible to have the brain write to a DRO depending on the status of the LED, then it would behave the same way, it would change to 1 when on, and 0 when off.

What you can do is have the Brain look at the Limit LED, have that LED activate a timer that will start right away, and set the pulse duration to something big, like 120, and have that timer turn on a usedLED, one for each limit.

That way when the limit is triggered, the timer starts counting down for 120 seconds, and while the timer is active, the UserLED will keep lit.
Then you have to make sure you can get to the diagnostics page in less than 120 seconds to see which one was triggered.

Fernando

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »
Yes, just tried the DRO as well and like you say its no use, timer would seem the only way.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 02:51:44 PM »
Just wondering how frequent the error is, if fairly frequent then could you not just disable the Limits one at a time until the problem stops?
Hood