Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:32:54 AM

Author Topic: CNC newb needs Wizard or Help with G code for K baffle  (Read 12354 times)

CNC newb needs Wizard or Help with G code for K baffle
« on: March 23, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
I just got my CNC machine up and running finally Very Happy

It is a Shopmaster Eldorado lathe bridgemill.

I am using Mach3 to run the machine and I didn't see any wizards that came with the program that would be easy to cut the K baffle. Again I am a newb on the CNC so there may be one there and i am not smart enough to find it let alone to run it yet.

But if someone knows of an easy wizard to use for that purpose or has the code already that they wouldn't mind sharing I would greatly appreciate it.

this is a K baffle
http://www.cncguns.com/images/P3270443.JPG

Thanks

Jamie

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: CNC newb needs Wizard or Help with G code for K baffle
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:01:19 PM »
Under Lathe use the Lathe Shapes wizard, to do the outside, (holes side toward the chuck), do an outside taper, and then do an inside boring taper.

then under Mill, Use the Circular Hole patter wizard to do your perifial holes.

s.
fun times
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »
when i go into lathe wizards i do not see the lathe shapes.  The wizards look the same as the mill wizards maybe i do not have that pack installed.

thanks

Jamie
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:25:04 PM »
You will only see the lathe wizards when you are running the Turn version of Mach. If you only see the mill wizards you are running mill.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 11:34:08 PM »
JAMIE,
There are a whole bunch, just piece them together for what you want to do or use individualy.
Welcome to the world of CNC.  ;)
RICH
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 07:31:15 AM »
Thank you Ron and Rich

I might have to reinstall the program on my cnc computer.  I installed it on my work computer just to try some things and the above lathe wizards are there but on my cnc computer i cannot find them. 

Is there a way to reinstall Mach3(ie a folder to copy or something)without losing my motor tuning and port and pin settings?
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 07:46:57 AM »
If you followed the recommendations in the Install manual you created your own profile and xml file. Then when installing a new version of Mach your file will not be changed.

If you are running on the default xml mach usually does not alter it on a re-install, but there are cases when it has,

In any case all of your custom settings are in your profile XML file and only that file needs to be saved.

I doubt a reinstall will fix anything. Mach determines from the profile it starts up what screen set to run. If its told to tun a .lset it means a lathe setup and the wizards are pointed to the correct lathe wizards.

Try to select the lathe screen set and see if Mach then thinks its running on a lathe.