Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:24:25 PM

Author Topic: How Much interest is there in an UPDATE to the Mach specific VB??  (Read 15144 times)

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
Re: How Much interest is there in an UPDATE to the Mach specific VB??
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »
Scott,
Ignore me I can obviously not read. I see it in your list now.
Bill
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 03:24:36 PM »
How Much interest is there in an UPDATE to the Mach specific VB??

I have seen lately a rash of VB releated issues on this and the other site. I have TWO quetions.
I am willing to post up an "Mach VB Update" manual, IF some others would ALSO step up and offer to help.

Question1:  Would you like to see the above manual done?

Question2: If you would, who amoung you would be willing to HELP with it, I mean post up not just code, but code examples.

Needed: Would be two other people: One who could take the code and examples, and put them into a PDF and perhaps another guy
to update the WAY-OUT-OF-DATE   WIKI.

if it looks like a doable thing, then I will post for those willing to contribute, a central email, to collect the stuff, I will then add your stuff to my stuff that
I have collected through the years, and then get the Draft to someone who has SKILL doing Editing and Publishing (not me).

scott
Scott,
I posted an xls file at

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11008.msg69087.html#msg69087

That contains over 200 Mach3 specific VBScript words gleaned from the Mach3 program.

Darrell

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »
Darrell,

Do this then, look at the wiki, and what I have posted here, if you will note the Wiki has the function call, AND an explaination of the call. (also in your xml you have a few typos, i.e. DoSpinmCW and DoSpinmCCW respectively for instance is: DoSpinCW and DoSpindCCW respectivly). What I am trying to accomplish here is to put together a list of the VB fucntion and how that fucntion is used/or what it does, and example of its use if applicable.

So perhaps look at what I posted, and what is on the Wiki, and if you see functions in your xml that is not listed in eighther place, then PLEASE put the Syntax, how it is used/what it does, and perhaps an example of its use.

scott
fun times
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 07:55:18 PM »
Scott,
I only know how to use a few of the calls. I made the list of Mach3 specific words because I couldn't find them anywhere else.
I was told that the list didn't exist and that the Mach specific words had been made up by Art. So I looked at the code in the Mach3.exe file.
Now that there is a list, it should be easier for those that understand VBScript programming to do something with them in Mach3.
I am not familiar enough with VBScrip to be much help with how the words are used. I was hoping that the list would be helpful.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 08:35:56 AM »
did you use a resource editor to pull the vb words out?
fun times
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 01:20:41 PM »
I used a program called PSPad. It is FreeWare.
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 07:28:56 AM »
Hi guys, I need to make a modbus communication using pyton without using your brains, I need to access a lot of information.
I need access to DROs, and brains is breaking, I wonder if anyone can help how to read the DROs in the MACH3 pyton script.

thank