Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:12:35 AM

Author Topic: Inputing to OEM codes  (Read 5491 times)

Inputing to OEM codes
« on: March 21, 2009, 06:11:34 AM »
Hi All. I dont know if I am posting in the right area but here goes.I am using a Pokeys 55 via various switches,Joystick etc and an MPG (wired to the parallel port directly) in a pendant to switch between functions in Mach 3. It all works great but only if the MPG window is open (Tab).I can switch between all functions (selecting  X,Y,Z,A,Step mode,MPG mode)with this window open but when I untab it or switch to another screen (MDI for example) the switches stop working although It is still in MPG mode.Is this something I have to put up with or am I doing something wrong.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Inputing to OEM codes
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:19:14 AM »
It is strongly depends how do you using PoKeys.
Probably you are using it as keyboard emulator. You can control only active window with software shortcuts.
Probably you should install Mach PoKeys plugin and use it.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 06:42:54 AM »
Hi Borisz,I am assigning Pokeys digital inputs to Hotkeys via OEM codes.Could you expand on the Mach 3 plug in ,is this different from the Pokeys plug in that I downloaded from your site.If so will this work for me.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 06:51:35 AM »
I mean Mach plugin which you can downloaded from our site or Mach site.
As I know you can use it as an input.
Art done that plugin.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 07:21:19 AM »
This is the plug in that I am using. As I posted earlier I am assigning digital inputs to mach 3 then selecting Hotkeys via relative OEM codes to perform button presses. Is there another way of doing it that will enable the keys to work without the screen active ?. I would like to be able to select MPG mode from my pendant and switch between axis without opening the window.

regards

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 07:50:54 AM »
I can not answer you, as I do know Mach in deep.
If you will not receive answer here from some user, go to Mach Yahoo group and ask there.

regards

Boris

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 05:21:55 PM »
biggles,

Yes bring in your input to a Brain, or Macropump and it will activate the button for that input.

See Wiki for the VB to do it in the macropump, or watch the Brains videos.

scott
fun times