Hello Guest it is March 01, 2021, 09:42:28 PM

Author Topic: strange problem  (Read 2588 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

strange problem
« on: March 21, 2009, 12:01:51 AM »
Hello,

     I'm having a strange problem with MACH 3. I have done the setup and tuning and everything seems to be running fine. In the MDI page I can type in Gcode to move the axis around. Everything runs dead on after many, many repetitions. So I'm pretty confident I have everything dialed in. The problem I'm having is when when I run my gcodes pockets I cut are a little short and the inlays for them are quite a bit larger. I've checked through the G-code and everything looks right it is all correct and dead on but for some reason when I run it it is still coming out wrong. I've created many different files and they all do the same thing but all the gcode files are correct and read the right dimensions. Is there any settings in Mach 3 that would cause this. I can't figure it out and it is driving me insane. ??? I don't know if the step pulse settings might be needed in the motor tuning but like I said everything seems fine when running stuff in the MDI screen and I don't know what determines if you need that setting or not. 

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Hood

*
  •  25,838 25,838
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: strange problem
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:39:43 AM »
How much off is it? When you are doing the MDI moves are you cutting?
Hood

Offline jimpinder

*
  •  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: strange problem
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:46:24 AM »
This really is a continuation of Hoods comment -

Are you making allowance for the diameter of the cutting tool instead of the radius. If your dimensions are the same on Mach 3 e.g. the pockets are 1 inch square, and the inlays are one inch square, then to get the pockets consistantly short, and the inlays consistantly large, it would seem that the code is making allowance for the diameter of the tool and not the radius.

Hence it makes too much allowance.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
Re: strange problem
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
Hey Guys,

     Sorry it took so long to get back. I read your posts and it triggered something in my brain and after another two full days a tinkering I finally got it all figured out. It all amounted to I'm new with setting up the CNC machines and it just took a bunch of trail and error till I had tried every combination on getting the machine calibrated properly. The G-code was right I just didn't have the steps programmed right.

Thanks