Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:15:44 AM

Author Topic: Missing steps revisited  (Read 3275 times)

Missing steps revisited
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:09:27 PM »
I am a newbie to mach2, but have created many models for other cnc machines.

I have a camtronics servo system with g320 geckos and moog servos with 250 count US Digital encoders.

I am running mach2 on an older system 450 xeon cpu. The ocxtest shows 25,600 but when running a program the pulse gets as low as 23,400.

The motors jog both forward & reverse fairly smoothly, yet when the machine does a constant move ( 2” or more) it seems to miss steps (get lost) & run like junk.

In reading similar topics on this site I have come to the conclusion that is either a pulsing problem or low voltage at the port.

Questions:

1. When I check the voltage to the port, should the system be engaged or off-with a program running or not?

2. Is there a dos program that will run with the geckos to see if it is my computer OS that is at fault?

Thanks in advance,
Robert Parr
BMF Graphics
Re: Missing steps revisited
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 10:17:44 AM »
Hello,
IF you would like to test the driver run the DriverTest.exe in the mach2 directory. This should have a nice smooth line...
The voltage at the should read 5V when the output is on :) You can change the active low state under the ports and pins to make the output stay o so you can test it.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com