Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:09:25 AM

Author Topic: Problem with repeatability????  (Read 3308 times)

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
Problem with repeatability????
« on: March 20, 2009, 06:40:03 AM »
Hi, I am using a Zenbot with Mach 3 software. I run some G code and then run the same code again without changing the cut piece and the second cut is not the same as the first. Is there a method for correcting this problem?  Thanks in advance for any feedback received.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with repeatability????
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 07:00:06 AM »
is the first part just a single run round the shape? Is it the correct size? Have you checked for Backlash?
Hood

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 04:01:04 PM »
As Hood was asking - we need far more information to advise you what your problem might be.

1. Is your machine properly set up. are your steps per unit correct. is your motor tuning in respect of speed and acceleration at a speed where it performs reliably, and finally as Hood said - have you any backlash on your system, have you measured it, and is backlash compensation on.

2. What GCode are you trying to run. Is it a small program, or is it just an MDI line of commands.

3. To achieve repeatability, you must ensure that your machine is "homed", all offsets are reset, and your 0.0.0 position is the same each time you start. 
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 07:21:23 PM »
Hi, Thanks for the support. I have a new machine and the drive belt needed to be tighten. After that, the operation improved.  I plan on using the machine to fabricate Vertical Axis Wind Turbine parts. All is working well and I am very happy with the purchase. Thanks again and have a good one.