Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:53:35 PM

Author Topic: Corrupt Dll  (Read 4858 times)

Corrupt Dll
« on: March 19, 2009, 08:39:54 AM »
Hi again

It's 3 steps forward 2 back with me :(

Found that I could not get the simple loop test as shown in the Mach manual to work using version 042.022 as it spits the dummy at the m99 saying its not in subroutine mode ??? Anyway removed and reinstalled 020 and while this is fine now I am unable to get the SS DLL to install properly ....ARRRGH! It appears to work ok but when you start up MACH it says:

Plugin DLL Defective. Reload.
then
SmoothStepper_Beta2_v015ogb.dll - Defective Pligin Found... Ignoring.

Ive deleted and re-downloaded the DLL several times and still no go. Removed and reinstalled Mach everal times... again no go... Bloody thing was working this morning!! (except for the M99 under ver 022)

Is it possible the DLL on the link has been played with in the last day or so?

Hate to post silly questions... But I have searched both forums and can find no referance to either the M99 issue in ver 022 or the defective DLL.... Maybe its just me!

Am I missing something on how to properly remove and reinstall the DLL?

Any and all ideas welcomed

Cheers

MArk

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt Dll
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:14:32 PM »
Mark,
I will assume that you installed Mach to the default installation directory in drive c.

Go to C:\MACH3\PLUGINS and see if the dll for the Smoothstepper is installed there.

I just downloaded the  ......ogb.dll  from the WARP9 site, I extracted it to a different drive since  i
wanted the dll file and also wanted to place in the plugins folder myself.
This way you replace the dll, what mach is telling you is defective, with what you know is good.

Hope this helps.

RICH

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 01:58:37 AM »
Hi Rich

Well I have it working again..sort off. I'm starting to thing my laptop is possesed. The various  faults I've experienced over the last week have been the stuff of a twilight zone script! They say to do  the same thing over and over and expect a different result each time is the definition of madness... well its official I'm nuts!

Latest feature after sucessfully installing the DLL (this time downloaded at home straight to the laptop as opposed via a thumb drive from a download at work) is that the arrow keys don't drive X and Y except when in tuning. This time it seems to be related to the XML as a different one does not do this. 

Previous faults have included non recogniition of a m98 m99 loop and mystery triggering of output 4. (Insert twilight zone theme here)

My laptop will probabl;y not be the prime PC to drive the machine once finished but it is handy for testing at the moment and I can't see how this is such a big factor in the faults anyway.  I'll keep doing the 3 steps forward 2 back.... looking at the bright side it is still progress

Cheers

mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:56:07 PM »
Mark, press your tab key for the MPG flyout to appear and make sure your in continous jog mode. On the fly out you can set your jog speed as well. If all of this is set right you can assign your jog keys in config, hotkeys. I would use the standars here for now.  Also, pressing your tab key again will hide the MPG screen.

Hope this helps,
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 03:00:09 PM »
Thanks Brett

I'll give that a go. The thing that is strange though is that they (the arrow keys) did work previously and no changes had been made. I'm sure the little men in white coats will be around soon so I'll have to test it tomorrow.

Ya don't have to be mad to build your own CNC..... but it helps!

Cheers

Mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 04:01:09 PM »
 ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!