Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:58:49 AM

Author Topic: I'm just a tease  (Read 14330 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just a tease
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »

So is this version available to us users who may not be "in the club"  ;D

Would it happen to be in the dev version on the site?

I 'd love to have a look.  ;)

Greg
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 04:22:44 PM »
I will post pics here when it is about ready for release.. I am still working on the OpenGL and rebuilding the toolpath on the fly ;) Also I need to add Shift registers like the Fanucs have.. this was something that I have wanted to add for a VERY long time!

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 05:59:33 PM »
Will the threading problems be addressed in this release in turn? Or is this release only for mill as is often the case?
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 06:22:13 PM »
The threading fixes are going into the release rev. (3.042.0xx series)
Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 06:32:41 PM »
Great news on the offset shift, that is going to make setting up much easier.

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 06:39:49 PM »
BTW the bug Peter is talking about is one dead click on an MPG (Art has looked for this 2 times and not found it).. Hardly anything that will make you see lost steps on the machine..

So Peter, Other then the dead step on an MPG over ModBus what are the over a year long standing bugs that have you upset?

Thanks
Brian

Brian,

I'm disappointed, more than upset. I don't have all my emails with me at the moment , but as I recall the last post by Art was that he said he had been looking for a problem that didn't exist.  (to do with the timing tick counter), and not the one I was reporting.  This problem has been around for a very long time, much longer than 12 months. In fact it must have been well over 12 months ago that I sent you a ModIO and LCD display so that you could look into the problem. Has the ModIO ever been off the shelf and used? :)

The problem is NOT "one dead click". As I have described on a number of occasions and produced a video to demonstrate the problem, The issue is to do with an axis not moving when the calculated MPG velocity is less than 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TBe1DU4Hc

If the calculated velocity is 1 or greater than the axis will move, otherwise it does not. One of the purposes of an MPG is to jog the machine to a position. It is very frustrating when you are very close and you move the MPG slowly as you come close to an edge, and nothing happens. so you then need to move the MPG faster and suddenly it moves, overshoots with varying consequences. So please don't dismiss it as "one dead step". From the symptoms of the problem, it would appear to be a rounding error, maybe to to with float to int conversions.

Now both Terry, and Andy have reported issues with the MPG operation. I also have other reporting the same issue. I understand that for whatever reason, this is very low on your priority list, and as such I find it difficult to accept that it will probably never be addressed, as there will always be a new set of "bells and whistles" to add.

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 08:35:02 PM »
I fail to see the "bells and whistles" that I have added.. The VB was redone (Took about a year to put it all in place), and now I am making it so the Display will not interupt the motion..
Art was the one that looked at your trouble ;) I did power up the devie and tested quickly.. didn't see the trouble.. Art did the same.. When I am done with the code that I am working I would be more then happy to look at it again.. If you are good with that, I am okay with it as well..

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 09:02:50 PM »
So Turn is put back once again?

Hood
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »
Hi Brian,

That sounds good, and I'll be happy once it's sorted. :)

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 11:00:52 PM »
HOOD,
I don't think turn will take a back seat.
Why it was just at the recent Mach seminar that Brian said major rework on turn
would happen over the next few months. That leaves only two more months to go.
But don't believe me, Greg, Vince, Dan, RC, and Brett all took the same similar note
on the subject.   >:D
Brian thought we were snozzing!  ;)
RICH
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:04:16 PM by RICH »