Hello Guest it is May 07, 2024, 03:13:37 PM

Author Topic: Is any one using Fearture Cam?????  (Read 5407 times)

Is any one using Fearture Cam?????
« on: July 28, 2006, 12:51:43 AM »
I am trying to use Feature cam to generate NC codes for simple turning features but I am not sure of which machine post to use for Mach2.  Does any one know which post to use or possibly have the data to create a new machine post that mach 2 will accept. I would really appreciate any help I have tried just about everything else that I can think of

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,678 2,678
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Is any one using Fearture Cam?????
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 07:17:13 AM »
I use a standard Fanuc 6 post on alphacam and it works fine.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 07:33:01 AM »
I thank you very much for the information, I will try to use this as soon as I can, I have one other question; when i load a G code file and run it do i need to worry about what is on the screen or is it better to just watch the machine to be sure it is making the right moves????
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:28:12 AM »
Here you are :) Nice to see others using feature cam... I have been using it for 8+ years  ;D
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »
Thank you very for the much needed post, it looks to me like it will work very well. Would you happen to have a lathe post in your library. Thanx again
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 11:49:04 AM »
I don't have one here :( It well be a few weeks befor I get back  to the shop again... I have a friend that uses turn all the time I will ask him if he has a post that he will give out.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 10:12:54 PM »
Brian,
Thank you for the help and support. I did run a part on a self built gantry using the mill post you sent me and it worked great. I am in no real hurry for a lathe post but it would be helpful, I can run my lathe using a fanuc 6 post but I spent a lot of time editing the code. So if and when you get the chance that would be just fine. Thanx again