Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:52:14 AM

Author Topic: Using the PoKeys in a Pendant (Questions)  (Read 3257 times)

Using the PoKeys in a Pendant (Questions)
« on: March 16, 2009, 05:18:30 PM »
I will soon be starting to build a CNC Wood Router. Until I am able to start my build I have been working on a screenset an a pendant to use on my system. Before I get to far along with the pendant I have a few questions as to the operation using PoKeys. Please forgive me for all the dumb questions. Because of the different items I will be doing on my machine I have 7 different probe scripts that I will be using. I have purchased a Shuttle Pro but have found out that I can only use 2 custom scripts with it. So I am looking into the PoKeys. My plans are to use a series of momentary push button switches as input devices to the PoKeys to control my machine.

1) Using screen4 if I assign a Hot Key to each script button then assign the same key assignments in Pokeys when a button on my pendant is pressed my machine should carryout the script the same as if I had invoked it from my MACH screen, correct?

2) By assigning Hot Key values like (shift + right arrow) to jog X+ in my screenset and to a button on my pendant I should be able to jog my machine, correct?

3) Does anyone have the physical dimensions of the PoKeys unit?

I know this is not the most ideal way to control the machine but is there any reason the above should not work?

Thanks for your help
Sam

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Using the PoKeys in a Pendant (Questions)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:45:48 PM »
1. and 2. yes.
PoKeys is presented to computer as an ordinary keyboard.
3. 45 x 63 mm

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope