Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:59:36 AM

Author Topic: So what IS "driver watchdog triggered"???  (Read 13256 times)

BClemens

So what IS "driver watchdog triggered"???
« on: March 15, 2009, 03:23:13 PM »
I searched for a remedy here and found a few, but nothing to explain what is happening when this "Driver Watchdog Triggered" takes Mach into 'reset'. This is a new occurrence for this computer with absolutely no changes to it at all and most of the recommendations have already been done. I found, during initial setup that a printer had been installed and some pages were waiting to be printed....that triggered 'reset' without any reason at all. Fixed that....and shut off so much stuff that I had to call Microsoft to get XP working again.

Been going round and round with this machine - encoders dying, servo driver losing steps, and even just had the X axis motor pulley begin slipping on the shaft! Eager to do something besides troubleshooting and I'm just about ready to set this machine in the street for something meaningful to do.

You trouble shooter guys here need to be commended for what you know about this. I've come to the conclusion that I don't know beans about it and when I think I'm ready to go ahead anf use the machine for something, I get another one shoved this way.... Bla bla bla - here we go again! And I passed up a used but operational Hurco NC machine for $1200.00 to do this....

"Driver Watchdog Triggered"

Thanks,
Bill C.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: So what IS "driver watchdog triggered"???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »
Bill, for now I would turn off the use watchdog trigger in general config for now. There are a few lines about it in different manuals but I will try to get a more in depth answer for ya.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

BClemens

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:02:30 AM »
Thanks Brett. I unchecked it - don't recall seeing it checked before but now we're back to 'normal'.

I plan to run the machine this afternoon again with some corrective work on the job so we'll see how it goes....I'm using up my African Mahogany making boo boos. I need some RenShape 460 but that might be a bit much to spend on this since it's only available in large pieces....Anybody have some small pieces to sell?

Thanks for the help!

Bill C.

Thank you too Chip!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 07:05:07 AM by BClemens »
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »
In my case when had active the Use Watch dog this stop my mill, the alarm came internally of the PC, then disconnected this and no had more problem.

BUT a few days ago find a Use Watch dog active without reason some, neither i nor my partner activate it, then turn it off immediately to avoid internal stops.

How can be this possible? what happens to match?

regards
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:55 AM »
Good morning all. This is the problem I've been having. Posted problem about a week ago, and it was suggested that I run Optimization Program. I'm hesitant to do this because I'm not sure if it will affect other programs. I have on this machine ArtCAMPro, AutoCad, Alibre Design and many archives of art and machine files. When I opened Optimization, the cautions listed sent up some red flags. I thought that my connection to Comcast High Speed internet might be causing the problem. Their security suite does random updates and when the update is downloading (does it automatically) my machine slows to slower than dial up. Any new thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.--George

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:42:29 PM »
Hi George,

I think you have discovered the reason why it is best to use two PC's. One for the design stuff and one dedicated to running the machine. There are no problems with installing two instances of Mach3, as only one computer is effectively using it to drive a machine there is no license violation.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »
Thanks, that was exactly my next move.-George