Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:14:20 PM

Author Topic: Router doing weird things  (Read 3043 times)

Router doing weird things
« on: March 15, 2009, 02:31:14 PM »
Hello all, I have been having a bad day with the machine.  It does weird stuff every once in a while.  Today I went out to make a little sign for a friend. layed it out in cut 2d looked good. Wanted to do some pocketing on it. Well the machine started out great then just out of no where it plunged all the way through the material I just wanted to go 1/8 I was working with 3/4" material.

So I thought it was me,So I started over after looking at everything. I did a small pocket did it great 1/16" deep looked great, so I thought ok. Started another sign, I plunged deeper then the code, but I thought I can live with that. Thenout of nowhere it did the deep dive all the way through. I have posted the code. I am still wondering what the j code is in this code. Please let me know if you have had this before of heard of it.
I think this is the code.
Thanks
Gerald[

BClemens

Re: Router doing weird things
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with your code. The I's and J's are rounding the corners of the letters in "Rocket" taking the cutter around them as per. I don't see where Z is anywhere below .0800 and the 'Toolpath' display in Mach shows the same. You do know that this program is in 'incremental' and that would need to be checked in 'General Config" since the default is 'absolute' .....? Don't see that effect on Z but the possibility is confusion.

I'm new to this too and having a wonderful day!!!!!

Bill C.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 04:49:44 PM »
If your talking about the "J" in the G2 or G3 commands, there is also an "I" value that accompanies the "J".  They specify the center of the arc. There are two modes that are available for specifying I&J in your Mach configuration. Absolute and Incremental. You should be aware of the methods your cam program outputs, and make sure that both it and Mach are set the same. I&J can also specify the endpoints of arcs, distance from start-end of arc, and other confusing methods of arcs. However, I *think* that Mach only interprets them as arc center points, using two methods.
I loaded your code and did not see any obvious errors that would make a deep plunge. Did the plunge happen at the same points both times, or at a random place?
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
Are the rapids too much causing it to loose posotion while going up? Make sure the tool isn't loose in the spindle and being pulled out a little makeing it go deeper into the work.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!