Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:34:16 AM

Author Topic: Map ALL standard Input and Outputs to a New Diagnostic screen!!  (Read 29448 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
What the plug in does is watch directly the Signals Of ALL the "Ports and Pins" Input Signals and Output Signals
so you dont have to use a: "Brain", or "Macropump" or other VB device to map these signals to a Screen LED
that represents that Signal.

The Screenset called:
"1024 TestIO.set"  is the standard OEM Mach Mill Screen
with ALL the standard Input/Output signals on the redone
Diagnostics page

Below is a list of the User LEDs that the Plug in uses
If you want to use this plug in and screen set
then you will need to check to make sure that your Wizards,
screens, or other items are not ALSO using these.

The Plug in will "tie in" LEDs for the Standard
Input and Output Signals under Ports and pins for:

Inputs:
1).   OEMTrigger's 1-15

Outputs:
1).   OUTPUT's 7-20
2).   Charge Pump, Charge Pump2, and Current Hi/Low

ULED's Used for Input Signals are:
1).    1301-15 is used for OEM trigs 1-15

ULED's Used for Output Signals are:
1).    1316-32 is used for Outputs 7-15,Charge Pump,
   Charge Pump2 and Current Hi/Low

Screen shot of NEW (redone), Mach3 OEM screen for Mill with the Modified Diagnostic screen with ALL the Signals mapped to the LEDs on that screen set.

Screen shot below.
Plugin installer attached.
the installer will Install the Screen set to the standard directory you will need to do a View->Load Screens and pick:  "1024TestIO.set"
Also enable the Plug in called: "TestIO.dll" the close and reopen mach, your ready to go at that point.
NOTE: Only Input Signals, and Output Signals that you have Enabled in Port and Pins will activate.

Scott

*********** EDIT  3/19/09  I added the Fixed Screen Set that Greg fixed and did below to this installer, so if you have the old one, uninstall it though "add/remove" programs then install this one.*********
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:18:21 AM by poppabear »
fun times
Re: Map ALL standard Input and Outputs to a New Diagnostic screen!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 01:56:11 AM »
Hi Scott,
I tried the screen set. It loaded fine except that all screens were about 1/4 of my normal screen size. My screen size is 1078 x 768. There was also some text that was
down and left of the lower left corner of the screen. As best as I can make out it says overir....  . I like the diagnostic screen. Is this a free plugin?
regards,
RJ

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:52:52 PM »
RJ the plug in is Free

*********EDIT  19mar09, yea the plug in is free for any and all, no point in charging for this one ************

enjoy,

scott
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:29:10 AM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:59:25 PM »
Scott,
I looked and the Auto Screen enlarge was checked. I made a screen capture of my laptop to show you. Only the Main screen has it visible.
Maybe that is what is causing the small screen size?
regards,
RJ

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 01:21:14 AM »

Aha that's the our much loved screen editing program playing funny b%#ggers.  They don't call it Scream4 for nothing.

Fancy our Mach guru getting caught with that old chestnut.   ;D ;D ;D

I have taken the liberty of repairing the errant objects and posted the set file.  Scott is probably tucked up in bed.  :)

Greg

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »
"Mach Guru"........  hehehe funny.......... not this dog, just fiddled with it alot.

Please, by all means tell me what the "bug" was??  I built the screen in Screen3, not 4.

I dont use Screen4 anymore (since I *Heavy Sarcazm here* Upgraded to Vista), since it is a PIA to use with Vista.
Strangley screen3 works GREAT with Vista.......... go Figure.

but, please tell me and all of us what the Bug in the screen is/was, I will make sure to check my furture screens prior to sending
them out to make sure it is not there.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:02 AM »
Greg (and others),

I added the "Fixed" screen set that Greg so graciously fixed for my sorry butt. It is added to the Installer in the first post at the top.
It is version 1.1.  You will need to uninstall the old one under add/remove programs, OR, you can just drop Gregs fixed screen into the Mach3
main directory.

Thanks Greg for keeping me honest,

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »
BTW: The plug in for TestIO is free to one and all, no point in charging for it, it was not that complex.

scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »
Scott

A couple of items on the front page (a DRO and a label) had done what is a common trick in Scream4 and jumped position of their own free will.

They happened to jump so far that you would not see them when editing.  They were only small items so you would not notice they had gone missing.

When "auto screen enlarge" is active, it sees these errant items as legitimate part of the screen, and sizes things so that they can be seen. 

Hence the picture that RJ posted.  Look bottom right hand corner for spindle rpm DRO.

I just put them back in their place and saved the changes.

Scream4 is not so bad.  Used with a large monitor most of the quirks disappear.  I have little experience with Screen3 and use XP.

Greg
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:14:19 PM by Greolt »
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 12:29:51 AM »
Hi All,
Works fine now. Great addition. The only problem now is more things to paly with....just need more time to play!    ;D
Thanks,
RJ