Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:56:22 AM

Author Topic: Software Limit!  (Read 12290 times)

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
Software Limit!
« on: July 27, 2006, 01:42:41 PM »
Hi,
   When I open mach3, reset button flashes, up until today, I would click on it, and it would stop flashing, normal, right? Well, today it won't stop flashing, so I went to the automatic screen, where "software Limit" scrolls across message board.
  What is this, and how do I correct this?
    Thanks, Glenn
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Software Limit!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 02:30:46 PM »
Hi, Glenn

Check under Config, Homing/Limits the default values are 100, -100 x y z maybe something has changed hear.

Hope this helps Chip

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 03:14:26 PM »
Nope,Chip,
  Those are still @100, -100!
     (Maybe a little more information at this time  could unravel this thread)- Since I have been unable to get this whole system working after several months of failed attempts, waiting on used motors, drivers in the mail and the like, I have not purchased Mach3 until all components of my lathe are in working order, therefor I have been working solely on the computer end of the machine-I have several shapes entered into machs' memory that I am ready to try on wood ,and I'm  trying to get a real understanding of mach and gcode and the complex language of the professional machinist. A very interesting vocation, by the way! I'm intrigued by the  skills and knowledge of so many participants to this site!
   Could you tell me if I may have exceeded a time limit to the free part of Mach3? Or maybe the 1000 lines of code? Would it say which was exceeded?
                                                        Thanks,  Glenn

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
Hi, Glenn

As far as I now there is no time limit on the software, there is a 1000 lines of Gcode limit. maybe that is what is going on.

The limit is only on the code you have loaded at any given time, in the code window.

With no Gcode loaded will it reset ?

Where are you located, if in USA post a Personial Message (online) ill give you a call, else just hear.

Chip

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »
Hi Glenn,

I think i might know what is going on (or not). Did you accidentally enable "Soft Limits" It is a button by the dro on the main program screen.
What this does, with a machine with home and limit switches is slow down the machine when it comes to the end of the travel. This keeps your machine from going full speed into a limit switch.

If you don't have home switches installed and ref 0,0,0 somewhere and enable soft limits it is easy to get the thing confused thinking that you a already past a "soft limit", hence the e stop.

OK first thing to try. Make sure you didn't enable soft limits.
second, go to the settings tab and hit  the override limits button, go back to the program run screen and hit reset. it should allow you  to jog now.

Third look in the manual under homing and limits and read up on the soft limit and homing section. It took me a little while to get my head around it all..

Chad

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 04:43:22 PM »
Chip,
    As quickly as it sprang up, it disapeared, all I did was turn off the computer, go to the shop for awhile, and when I turned it back on, the reset button on the first Mach3 screen stopped flashing when I clicked on it! Just as it should... Thanks for the insightful suggestions , also ..I did not know that the gcode limit was per program, great news for me, cause my lathe turnings are fairly short and simple.(30-50 lines ea. so far){of course I don't really know if they will work until I actually get all the parts of the motors and drivers}Ha Ha, this waiting is killing me! They run nicely on the computer screen though.
                               Many Thanks,
                                  Glenn

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »
Hey Chad,
   I looked on Mach3 Mill and I now see the soft limit switch you were asking about, it is not on the Mach3 Turn that I have been testing with, but as soon as I get fairly good at 2 axis, I plan to move on up to a 3 axis mill and I will stay clear of the soft limit until I am versed in that area.
                                             Thanks,
                                                Glenn