Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:48:05 PM

Author Topic: Plasma cnc  (Read 4682 times)

Plasma cnc
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:36:43 PM »
Hi
I have questions and no answers, first I have a pierce limit problem, I was told to check posts and could only find posts in sheet cam where I set it to 1000, I'm still only piercing 10 times before I have a m01, where do I set this pierce limit in mach?. I did post answers to questions but only find them when I do a such under Marshall, I thought pierce limit was solved, sorry I was wrong on that, but the pierce delay problem was solved after I entered a larger number, thanks. My other question was where should the earth be on the table or on the job, since I use a waterbed and have no space on the job for the earth I put it in the water on the table, would this be correct. Then i have a font problem sheet cam does not recognize all fonts and TNG not all symbols in text like "&" how do i solve this?.

Marshall

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma cnc
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
Hi, Marshall

Post an example of your dxf with the font and symbols issues your having and I'll take a look at it.

Thought that you had resolved the pierce issue.

Chip 

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »
Hi, Marshall

I'm not aware of any setting in Mach that can set a Perice count, Not to say you couldn't add one though, Mach just run's your Posted G-code using the M3 & M5's to turn your Torch on & off.

Chip
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 11:44:51 PM »
Hi,
Could it be that sins Mach is a programme that was designed for turning and milling jobs, that somehow I call it pierce limit but it is something else in mach. Because like I mentioned we phoned the man and he told my boss to change a setting and he did and that was that, unfortunately my boss loaded a new display and could not return to the old one he then loaded the old one and that was saved before changes where made, now however I have the problem, the man is just impossible to get hold off and that's why I'm calling on the form for assistance. Is there nothing that could relate to piercing in mach for example cutting depth or something like that.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 04:10:43 AM »
Hi, Marshall

I read your post's on the yahoo site also, I'm not fully understanding the issue I guess.

Some have reported the Plasma Post for LazyCam don't always post the M5 turn off in the Posted G-code file's.

Chip
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 03:33:43 PM »
Marshall,

im sure this is a sheetcam issue not a mach issue, the only thing i have encountered in mach is the M1 optional stop button which requires you to press cycle start after every cut, perhaps you should join the sheetcam yahoo group and ask les, he could talk you through the g code you are using and work out if it is a problem with sheetcam or mach.

matt

vmax549

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 12:17:31 AM »
OK I 'll take shot at this one. Do you mean a setting that you would set and then when you have made that many pierces the machine would then HOLD and allow you to inspect the tip??

(;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 01:22:59 AM »
thats exactly it, its usually set in the post processor under pierce limit, not all posts have them but the one i use (mp3000 thc pierce count) does

matt