Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:21:57 AM

Author Topic: Beta Mach V3.043  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Beta Mach V3.043
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:47:46 PM »
Is anyone running V3.043 beta?

I had a couple of strange things happen with it that never happened here before. My stepping is ALWAYS very stable and reliable and I've never so much as missed a step or heard the motors act up.
The problem was as follows:
I have an "aussie tool setter" for setting the tool zero height.
Just after it finished retracting the tool, my Z axis gave out a SCREAM of steps. Luckily they came out so fast the axis did not actually move. In fact the strange thing was the DRO's did not change either. It happened both times I tried it, then I chickened out of trying it any more.
 Also just panning the table I heard it pump out a bunch of X axis steps, also too fast to move the axis. Not related to the tool setter.

Now I'm a bit stuck, since I need the new version for the properly working tool offsets but I  don't trust it.

Anyone had any issues like that with it?

Sage

Sage
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 01:45:53 PM by Sage »
Re: Beta Mach V3.043
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:25:14 PM »
Hello,
There are some offset problems in that code.. depending on how you run your machine you may see them :( I am about 90% done redoing all the offset code in Mach3 for the next rev! So hang in there!

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Mach V3.043
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »
Thanks Brian:

On a similar note:

I tend to comment my code quite a bit. I put M0's in the code to stop so I can reset the X and Y manually before continuing (don't ask)
I notice that the code and the view screen stop at inappropriate places.

Try the code attached. You will see the following:
1. The code and the display stops at the first M0 as expected. The prompt is in the lower text display. If you do what it says and Zero the X anY axis' you will note that doing so makes the code screen advance one line (to the second M0) as if you pushed the start button again. It then takes two presses of the start button to go forward again.

2. When the code starts again it advances and stops at the G1 BEFORE the next M0 instead of at the M0.

3. On the next press of the start button it stops at the M0 properly.

I'm sure you'll find the problem in my code - I'm still pretty green at it.

It's somewhere in there that the code issued the scream of X axis steps mentioned in my previous post.

You will note there is a tool offset in there. So as you mention maybe it's messing it up. Also I'm sure the double M0 is not too cool. Maybe I'm messing up the look ahead buffer.

Sometimes you need rookies like me to throw odd stuff at your code to reveal the traps.  ;)

Thanks

Sage
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:12:15 PM by Sage »