Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:42:38 PM

Author Topic: Pulsing too fast  (Read 28139 times)

Offline jr_82

•  29 29
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Woodworks
Re: Pulsing too fast
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 07:01:50 PM »
I also get the pulsing to fast.  I run it as 25khz I have a 1.2 Ghz processor, it is decitaded to the CNC Router only. Nothing else is running on the computer other than the wireless internet connection.

If I change it to 35khz, it does not say pulsing too fast, but when ever I do anything with the computer ie move mouse so screen saver turns off the machine jumps and looses its place.  Now that is a problem. 

Junior

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
but when ever I do anything with the computer ie move mouse so screen saver turns off the machine jumps and looses its place.  Now that is a problem.

Turn the screen saver off and dedicate the machine to machining. Don't use it for the internet.
RICH

Offline jr_82

•  29 29
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Woodworks
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
It not so much for the internet. It is a wireless connection for moving the files from my cad and cam to the cnc machine. in stead of using a flash drive. with the screen saver off it. it will still do the same thing if I change a tab on the screen or even if I press the stop button.  I loose my settings and have to re zero the machine to resume.

Thanks
JR

Junior

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 04:59:07 PM »
Something is interfering with Mach. Think of it this way, Mach and Windows shares time and if something interfers with Mach your on the short end of it all.
Maybe someone else will chime in and can give you something more specific.
RICH

andrewm

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 01:14:33 PM »
It could be the software for the wireless adapter(try uninstalling it to see if it still happens), Or just the PC itself....

What are the Specs for the PC? Does it have on-board Video or a Plug and Play card? Whats the OS?(if its XP you could run the optimization.txt file)

Offline jr_82

•  29 29
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Woodworks
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 02:03:15 PM »
it is xp, everything is on board. I think I got it. Thanks JR
Junior
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 10:14:32 AM »
I also had the same3 message- but when i left it 9on the screen for a few minutes it came back
with another message which said that all was "excellent"\

so it seemed to sort itself out

fred evans
think of the trees-- use both sides of the computer paper

Offline nava

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
I thought I would try mach3 under windows 7 and see if what I measured on a dial indicator was different to my install of mach3 on XP (same computer)...and so far its spot on .  I ran the driver test to see if there was any change to the pulse stream and it seemed that they were the same as on XP(same resolution/noise).  I ran the test and at first its saying "pulse too fast" but this is before the test takes over then it says the system is excellent all the way through.  My question is if this is a normal state to read out before the test begins?  On a side note I was thinking maybe its a good idea to search for a PCI parallel port card that had a good amount of signal output and noise suppression similar to what you might find on a higher end sound recording card but I couldn't really find much info, so my other question is has any one found a good source of cards that have a good output?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 01:12:12 AM »
Hi Nava,

May I suggest that you do a search for 'parallel port card' to check out others experiences.

As an example http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11300.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE