Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:34:51 PM

Author Topic: Mach MAD plugin, what are you using it for?  (Read 6110 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Mach MAD plugin, what are you using it for?
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:26:44 PM »
Just wondering who is using Mach MAD plugin that Scott did and what uses they are putting it to.
 I have  not had a lot of time recently to mess too much with it but I have used it for a few things that were a real PITA before, one of which is triggering macros from external buttons. This is great as it means I can have my RefAll button  working from an external button, also have plans for a few others when I get some work done on the mill :)
 The labels also will be a nice feature as you can change the text at the side of  a LED to show what the state change means, for example in my Mill screen I had to make lots of different LEDs  with text in them to show whether they were on or off, with the labels feature it means the text at the side of the LED can change so standard LEDs can be used saving a lot of time when making a screen.
 One thing that would be nice is to have the Labels and Macros that trigger from User  LEDs capable of being triggered by OEM LEDs but not sure how easy that would be to implement in the plugin, probably a PITA. At the moment you need to use a Brain to look at an input and then trigger and User LED, so it just adds another layer which wouldnt be needed if OEM LEDs could be used. Then again I am just getting greedy as the cost of the plugin has been payed for just in the ability to call the macros from the external buttons IMO.

So anyway , what uses are others using MAD for?

Hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach MAD plugin, what are you using it for?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:56:44 PM »
OEM Leds!!!??? Woe-Waze me...... *Russian Funneral Dirdge music playing in the back ground*..........

I gues that means Version 2.2 is under construction. If Hood wants it then others will too.

BUT:  to answer your question, I made if for my self originally cause I was too darn lazy to look all over the place for stuff. I use it when
I am developing and testing: Screens, Plugins, Machines, scripts, etc.

scott
fun times

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »
I can see it is going to be very handy when I do my Mill and also when I make my proper screen up for the lathe. :)

Hood

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:55:46 PM »
I have to confess I have not used it yet.  ::)

Fully expect to do so when making a new screen or feature, but not yet.  I tend to do these things in fits and starts.

Mostly just bought it to show a bit of support for Scott.

Scott has always been very generous in his support when I have needed it.

Greg

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »
Version 2.2 has been released and emailed out, I have added the OEM Leds to the trigger pages as well..........

%$#@*& Hood!!!

:)
fun times

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »
Now this makes me very happy :) No need for an extra layer of Brains to get macros working from external buttons etc, I am like a dog with two..... well you know, better not say as its a public forum. :)
Thanks Scott
Hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
New Features Added to Mach MAD!! version 3.0
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 03:43:10 PM »
Well I figured out how to do Modeless Tabbing Windows, and so I am adding a NEW feature to Mach MAD

There will be a new Menu choice under Mach MAD called MAD DRO Message.

this will be a window with 8 Tabs in it, it is so if you have higher end Programmable Axis Drives
and/or Spindle Drives (VFDs). I put it in its own menu since only users of programable drive would
get benefit from this.
You can write to one UDRO (one for each axis), for the X, Y, Z, A, B, C and S (Spindle).
Through the modbus so that you can send the "Status and/or Error codes" from that drive to the UDRO, the
plugin then matches the number in the UDRO with the Numerical Code, that you enter, and displays the Error
or Status Message you enter for that error code, in a Ticker that you choose.

for instance all your Axis Drives and Spindle Drives could all talk to your PLC through a modbus between
them and update a register in the PLC with the drives current status and/or error code then code would then
be sent to mach3, the plugin would then display in a ticker the status of each of your drives and Spindle
drive dynamically.

So you can have Advanced Diagnostic, or Status information comming in from all 7 axis displayed on upto
7 different Tickers!!

to be released today or tommorrow.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »
Mach MAD 3.0 has been sent out, check out the new Message Dros!!  you can display programable drive status and errors on to mach screens. up to all six axis plus spindle.

scott
fun times

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 01:58:03 AM »
Sounds great Scott :)
Hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 02:40:03 PM »
3.5 sett out,  Added VB scripter window so you can now run Mach VB from the plugins window.....

see finished plugin downloads for screen shots.....

scott
fun times