Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:38:41 AM

Author Topic: Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on line ##”  (Read 12077 times)

I am having trouble using the dxf import in Mach2. Let me give some info. New home built cnc router. Computer works great as well as the cnc machine. I haven't cut any parts yet. I am using Mach2 demo. It seems to work fine controlling the router. But here is the problem. I have created a small angel for the church in AutoCad 2000. I used all lines and arcs. When imported with the dxf process, I get the message" Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on line ##” when I load the Gcode file. My brother-in-law is a GCode expert. He tells me the problem is in the I & J's. All the I & J's have to be perfect to work and I believe him. I have been at this a month and still can't get it done. I have read in your manual that the I & J tolerances have to be within 0.0001 (or perfect) to work. (I know, turn the snaps on and they were on.)  I don't see any way to turn this off in the software. He is here on vacation and we spent all day converting the gcode to xy & radius to get it done. What I need to know is how to get around this problem? Can someone tell me what needs to happen? New cad software, new computer or is Mach software the problem?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on line ##”
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 09:03:03 PM »
I think Mach2's .dxf importer uses absoltue I,J mode. Yours is probably set to incremental. Change it in Config>State and you should be good.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:45:37 AM »
Many thanks!

I have been getting similar messages and had no idea how to solve.

Back to cutting arcs and making chips.

Bob
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:16:08 PM »
OK here is what I figured out. To keep from getting this message, "Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on line ##”, here's what worked for me. In Acad 2000, save the drawing as a Acad r12 dxf. For some reason Mach2 does not like Acad 2000 dxf. Next, switch the I & J to absolute mode and not INC mode. When this was done, I can import any part (except text) into Mach2 and post code and the code is good and part will run. Now I will consider buying the program. Now that I figured this out, the program works very well. Thanks to those that did reply to my problem.

Offline Rieks

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 08:19:49 AM »
Hello All,

I.am having this problem on my Workshop PC.
On my "Office" PC, it runs OK.
I.o.w. I made the G-code program on my Laptop in the house, all working perfect. :D :D
Than, put it om the stick and take it to the workshop, and than there is this problem.  :o ???
On both of the PC's the same MACH3.
There must be some differens in the configuration, but I have not a clue.
My drawing was made in Autocad R-14, and in than I discovert very small gaps between some
of the curves, and filled them in with lines.
Who can give me a "Clue"?

Rieks

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »
Read the posts above. The IJ mode is probably set differently on your two computers.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Rieks

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
Hello Gerry,

Tanks for your reaction,you were right, on my workshop PC.
The I J was on Absolute, chancing to Inc. did the job.

Rieks
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »
dear sir,
I have the same problem.
I m working on mach3 demo,  it works fine till I use Reverse Run. When Reverse Run is used sometimes it moves in reverse, other dont. If it reverse after forward cycle start it moves forward but repeats the same circle twice and at the end of circle I get the message Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on line ##”

deepak

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 04:16:12 AM »
Reverserun has always had issues and was worked on recently I think. Not sure what version of Mach you are using though
Hood