Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:28:40 PM

Author Topic: setting "cut depth" by number  (Read 3054 times)

Offline cor

•  23 23
    • View Profile
setting "cut depth" by number
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:38:46 PM »
Hello out there,

I am playing arround a bit with lazycam and I cannot set a "cut depth"

I have made a simple straigh horizontal line in dxf, loaded it in lazycam.
When I select the "layers" button. I have "rapid height", "cut start", "cut depth" , by default "cut depth" is 0.
When I enter for example -13 and press the "set all layers" , it does it. But when I post the g-code it is still set at the default setting.

When I select the "set depth" (on the right) button I can set the depth with my mouse and this is than also set in the "cut depth" line, when posted it works fine and the z-ax goes down as ordered.

But why can I not select the "cut depth"in the window and than press the "set all layers" button ??

Hope someone understands this explanation and can tell me what i am doing wrong  :(

thanks,
Cor

Offline cor

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Re: setting "cut depth" by number
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »
What the hell!!!!!!

Just made a whole new post to explain my problem more clearly with screenshots etc...... With this "last" try it suddely worked...... must be gremlins at work here in my computer  >:(

I found out that i was doing something wrong, i didn't select all seperate lines before klicking the "set all layers" button.

Cor

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
Hi, Cor

I always use Set to layer, Then Set to All layers, After loading a new File to work on.

With the file you've been using it has really only one Layer "Default" which has a bunch of Chain's in that layer.

If you want to cut part of the file at different depth's you need to move the Chain's to a new layer or a diff. layer.

Then the "set layer" and "set All layers" will make more sense.

Chip
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:59:29 PM by Chip »

Offline cor

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
Thanks,

I am starting to understand all this now :-)

Cor