Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:37:21 PM

Author Topic: PCI Motion control card  (Read 4742 times)

PCI Motion control card
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:32:59 PM »
Hi All

Need some help I am retrofitting a Takamatsu 8 station turret cnc lathe. I have all manuals ect. I need to know what is the best PCI motion card out there to use and what is compatible with Mach3. The lathe has a Yasnac 200G control that I will get rid of, I will use the all the brushed servo motors, Amps, and power supply . They seam to be all fine. I will replace the resolvers with rotary encoders.

Any Help
Thanks
Re: PCI Motion control card
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:12:24 PM »
Mach works with a regular PC parallel port, or a SmoothStepper.  I don't know that is supports any PCI motion control cards....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »
Answered you in the other thread but will paste here as it is probably more appropriate in your own thread.

"The only PCI out there that has a plugin for Mach is the Galil, dont know how good the integration is now but there is a Galil part to this forum so you can check there.
 The DSPMC mentioned above I think is a self contained unit and support for it seems to be good, again there is a section for it on the forum."

Hood
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 11:26:42 AM »
Thanks T have been looking at a Galil DMC 1830 E

BClemens

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:51:25 AM »
Been usimg the StarTech PCI cards with good results. This last PC (an Asus P1 book sized) had no parallel ports at all so installed a dual parallel ported PCI card. Works great. StarTech is a fine group to deal with too since the cards have a lifetime warranty for tech support or replacement.

Hope this helps too....

Bill C.

I guess that's sort-a different.... :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:00:08 PM by BClemens »

Offline scottybev

•  23 23
  • A nice batch of archtops
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
I'm also using a Startech PCI2s2P 2 port 16650 parallel card, I just recently bought a new HP Workstation and have no movement yet in the machine. Did you have this problem at first. I have XP over Vista.
Much appreciated

Scotty