Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:14:00 AM

Author Topic: Taig CNC MicroMill - Mach?  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Jim

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Taig CNC MicroMill - Mach?
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:20:45 AM »
Well this is probably one that's had more than a few silver bullets pumped into it.  I have a Taig CNC MicroMill that is a seldomly used hobby machine. I have the updated controller board (that uses 1 parallel port) for 4 axis. I've got the 4th axis rotary, etc.    I tried Mach 1 or Mach 2 several years back, and the support was slim to none.  Is anybody using a Mach product (which one???) successfully with the Taig CNC?  Is there a user group of Taig users?  Is Mach overkill for the Taig?  Will Mach 3 run on Windows XP with a 1GHZ processor?  If YOU were setting up this mill, which Mach product would you use. I'm currently using MPS2003.  Any other hints would be great.

Thanks - Jim
Re: Taig CNC MicroMill - Mach?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 01:01:20 PM »
Hey Jim;
Mach is great software and the support is unparalleled.  There are videos on the support page which basiclly, show how to set up mach from scratch.  I use mach3, the release version.  You should be able to setup your small milling operation by just by following the video instructions. 
Hope this helps.  If more help is needed, just post here with specific questions and take your setup one step at a time!
Bill :)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 04:47:50 PM »
It is no problem to get the Tag mills up and running :) The onlt trick is to turn on sherline mode on the ports and pins page... The Tag drivers need a nice LONG step pulse..

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 09:00:54 PM »
I've just upgraded my Taig to the new dsls system and am now using Mach 3. I'm having some problems but am able to mill faster than with the old mps2000 system.
I got a couple of floppy's from Microproto which sets up Mach 3 for the Taig machine. They must have a setup program for your machine.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 04:32:27 PM »
Jim, did you ever get you mill working? I performed the same upgrade as you did with the same results. I've been searching for answers anywhere I can with no luck yet. I turn everything on, but the motors turn freely by hand. They are not getting power for some reason.