Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:18:35 PM

Author Topic: Windows Processes Cleanuup checklist?  (Read 4599 times)

Windows Processes Cleanuup checklist?
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:54:47 AM »
Where can I find the checklist/instructions for cleaning up the Windows XP "startup" processes?  I have been running Mach 3 for over a year and am not having issues with "Driver Watchdog Triggered" coming up on a regular basis.  I want to check the processes to make sure something hasn't started running again.  Anyone have any suggestions if cleaning up the processes doesn't help?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Processes Cleanuup checklist?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:05:39 AM »
Here is a link to what you are lookiing for.

www.jasonn.com/turning_off_unnecessary_services_on_windows_xp

Another one is:

www.blackviper.com/WinXP

They give an explanation of each service and one by one you can go thru and modify. It dosn't take a few minutes
to go through them all.
Hope this helps.

RICH

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:34:04 AM »
Look in downloads tab at the top of this page, Mach/Lazycam, documentation, xp optimization. That is a doc. with all suggested things to do.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
SUCCESS! Re: Windows Processes Cleanuup checklist?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »
Thanks for the tips and info, guys!  I cleaned up the computer and Mach 3 is back to running flawlessly again.  THANKS!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »
So what did you do that made a difference?
Rich
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 05:30:44 AM »
I followed the "XP Optimization" instructions in the "Downloads/Mach and Lazycam/Win XP Optimization", above.  I had been running Mach 3 for over a year without any problems, then last week started getting the "Driver Watchdog Triggered" error after about 3-5 minutes of running a project.  It's an old but good computer so I didn't think something had gone wrong with it.  Things would run well for a while after I had restarted the computer but the watchdog error was persistent.  I cleaned up the computer using the instructions and ran Mach 3 for over three hours (cut air with several projects) and it's working like it used to.  Cleaning up the Startup Registry, wallpaper, disk, etc, also fixed an intermittent glitch in the Auto Tool Zero I had.  Every once in a while, the machine would "hiccup" and set Zero before the tool actually touched the tool height platform on my digital probe.  It's well worth running the checklist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 07:27:52 AM »
 :)

Thats good news m1911. Glad you are sorted.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!