Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:38:31 AM

Author Topic: I´m back after a year away from the forum:)  (Read 3690 times)

I´m back after a year away from the forum:)
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:58:07 PM »
Hi guys, I´m back after a year away from the forum, due to oyher hobbies and extra time at work.

I see that there has been alot of releases of mach 3 updates since mine v3.036 from feb 2008

I read in a post that Quantum was no longer beeing developed and the features that where ment for Q, is no integrated into  Mach 3. (read path smoothing)

I just upgraded to v 3.042.021, and have read the release notes, but if somone here could  write a line or 2 to inform me of the major changes, as i can not fint any anti jek function iin my newest version, as there is in Q.

My machine runs best on Q

Another thing I have forgotten this past year is transfering all my settings like VB´s brans and macros from the old version to the new one, I did copy the 1024.lset file and the xml file but cannot remeber how i did it, did i just paste it in the mach folder?

I also noticed that the wizzards are no longe licenced, only demo after upgrading, why?

Please shed some light on the return of the lost son:)

Bets reg
Cory
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 06:28:51 PM by corydoras »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: I´m back after a year of the forum:)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »
I read in a post that Quantum was no longer beeing developed and the features that where ment for Q, is no integrated into  Mach 3. (read path smoothing)

I just upgraded to v 3.042.021, and have read the release notes, but if somone here could  write a line or 2 to inform me of the major changes, as i can not fint any anti jek function iin my newest version, as there is in Q.

My machine runs best on Q

Not as far as I know, the S curve of Quantum will probably be in the next version of Mach but that will, as far as I am aware, not be a continuation of this version but rather targeted at the more industrial end of things.

Another thing I have forgotten this past year is transfering all my settings like VB´s brans and macros from the old version to the new one, I did copy the 1024.lset file and the xml file but cannot remeber how i did it, did i just paste it in the mach folder?

Yes just copy and paste them :)
I also noticed that the wizzards are no longe licenced, only demo after upgrading, why?

Please shed some light on the return of the lost son:)

Bets reg
Cory

You need to copy over the licence file for the addons. If doing an upgrade you dont need to delete the old folder, just install over the top of itself and that way you wont need to paste in xmls etc.
Hood

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
Re: I´m back after a year away from the forum:)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 08:15:47 PM »
Cory,
  Welcome Back!
  Glenn :D
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!
Re: I´m back after a year away from the forum:)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »
Thanx Guys, its good to be back, and finally have time to spend on my machine.

Are there any major changes in the Mach3 that should convince me to go back to Mach 3 instead of using the Quantum?

I am very pleased with the path smoothing/anti jerking function there.
Is the Cv control better in the newest versions of Mach3, making it smoother or anything like this?

Best reg
Cory